Talk

Advanced search

HELP PLEASE! I need 2 fancy dress costumes theme 'silver' for Friday!

(12 Posts)
stoo Mon 12-Sep-11 14:04:33

Hi everyone. Can anyone hlep me out - I need to come up with 2 very inexpnsive costumes for my little darlings (age 9 & 6) for an event on Friday confused The theme is Silver. I am not very artistic so I need easy ideas or cheap places to purchase costumes. Any help will be lovingly received.
Thanks. grin

DoesItWearingWellies Mon 12-Sep-11 21:38:20

Robots? Cover some cardboard boxes with foil - et voila!

DoesItWearingWellies Mon 12-Sep-11 21:40:14

Or pirates - Long John Silver grin

Striped shirts, cut off old trousers, big cut-out cardboard buckles for shoes, bandanas and eye-patches.

SeldomSeenCake Mon 12-Sep-11 21:40:53

get a few cardboard boxes and cut out a big knife and big fork shapes, stick on some silver foil and cut out face holes and ta-daaa knife and fork...

smalltownshame Mon 12-Sep-11 21:43:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SybilBeddows Mon 12-Sep-11 21:43:59

they could dress as an old person and carry a laptop and be a silver surfer. (that may be a subtle for primary age though....)

silver medal winner?

LunarSea Mon 12-Sep-11 21:47:01

Big circles of carboard spray painted silver or covered in silver foil (or just cut from silver card if you've got a decent hobbies shop nearby). Add a scanned/cut out head and some words round the edge and they can be silver coins.

wonkylegs Mon 12-Sep-11 21:56:17

Make a large paper bag for child to wear and draw on the packaging for silverspoon sugar grin
Wrap in a cone of silver paper and make a cone hat = silver bullet (buy silver spray paint - halfords, if you don't have a craft shop)
Box with cut out face panel - sprayed silver, White and silver clothes = astronaught

HakunaMatata3 Wed 14-Sep-11 16:13:41

The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz :P

stoo Wed 14-Sep-11 22:21:51

Thanks all of you lots of great ideas.
smalltownshame - yep It 's Beaver family camp and we are going as a family. So looking forward to it!!! hmm
DH keeps saying that he thinks the ideas will look too home-made but isn't coming up with alternatives. They are so helpful sometimes!
Oh well I have tomorrow to bake a cake and make 2 costumes - wish me luck smile

AndiMac Wed 14-Sep-11 22:32:43

Get them hobby horses, cowboy hats and masks. Have them shout, "Hiho Silver!" a lot. wink

stoo Wed 21-Sep-11 12:43:07

Well we survived Beaver camp and went for the really easy option of knights outfits with wooden swords & shields covered in tinfoil! They were easy and actually looked quite good grin
Thanks for all the help at least I know where to come for the next time school comes up with some fab fancy dress day hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now