Talk

Advanced search

Gaps in the market

(15 Posts)
MellowBirds Thu 01-Sep-11 22:00:05

Since having children, what products have you thought "someone really should invent a xxxxx it would make life a lot easier/better/more fun"?

Why doesn't someone do reward charts and stickers that actually look nice - designer reward charts. I would buy them. I really hate potty training enough as it is without having to look at some overpriced tatty piece of clip art hell at regular intervals throughout the day.

Obviously only if it is not a top secret product which you are about to patent...

ticklebumpkin Thu 01-Sep-11 22:13:28

Someone NEEDS to invent something that cools down children's food to eating temperature quickly.

There is nothing worse than trying to cool their food down when they are screeching with hunger.

Instead of reinventing the wheel with his sucky fan James Dyson could have done something to achieve this.

I've vaguely thought about this before but concluded that it might be possibly be an area ripe for injury compensation claims should any child get burned, hence probably why it's not a goer.

southeastastra Thu 01-Sep-11 22:14:22

i used to stick the plate in the garden grin (only worked in winter and obviously if you have no dogs)

trixymalixy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:16:17

Stick their plates in the fridge or freezer!

ticklebumpkin Thu 01-Sep-11 22:16:58

Yeah, I'm not totally thick thank you. I do already do that! It still takes ages!!!

MellowBirds Thu 01-Sep-11 22:22:16

That would be brilliant. A special plate or something. Can't be beyond the wit of man. Or Dyson

amistillsexy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:30:15

I made my own toilet training chart for DS3-drew a big toilet on the paper, then drew a small toilet on it every time he used the toilet! He loved it, and when he had 10 pics of toilets he got a packet of mini smarties or something.

I made him a 'Dry Pants Card' after that- in the shape of a pair of pants with his name on the front. We checked throughout the day (prob every meal-time) and if his pants were dry he got a new pair of pants drawn onto his card. He liked telling me how they should be decorated!

Should I be marketing these?

MellowBirds Thu 01-Sep-11 22:33:11

Yes. Pants idea is in fact brilliant.

TheMitfordsMaid Thu 01-Sep-11 22:36:53

The only thing worth inventing is a non dangerous method of drugging them to sleep. I'd pay anything.

<sleep deprived for 5 years>

MellowBirds Thu 01-Sep-11 22:50:56

grin Or a drug for the sleep deprived to feel normal. You can only have so much coffee

trixymalixy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:51:42

Ooooooh, touchy!!

But do you put the plates in the freezer to chill while the food is cooking so that when you put the hot food on it starts to chill instantly. Then put plates back in fridge or freezer with food on.

I would pay handsomely for a good night's sleep!!

ticklebumpkin Thu 01-Sep-11 22:53:03

Not touchy! Joking!

MrsSatsuma Sat 03-Sep-11 01:00:04

Kleeneze do a mat thing that apparently melts ice cubes in seconds and defrosts stuff really quickly (not sure how...) I wonder if it could somehow do the opposite as well...?!

TipOfTheSlung Sat 03-Sep-11 01:02:59

Melissa and doug do some nice reward charts

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 03-Sep-11 01:14:03

A time-turner type thing that let's me get a day's work done in 3 hours so I can have the rest of the time at home with the children.

Or something that loads and unloads the washing machine and pegs out the clothes for me.

Or an automatic ironing machine.

Or a soundproof box that I can pop on my head when my dses are fighting, or watching Third and Bird.

I always used to think it would be handy to have a container that you could measure out exact quantities of formula milk into so you could make up bottles easily while you were out. With different sections for different quantities. Then some other bugger invented it and put it in the JoJo Maman Bebe catalogue. Bah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now