Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a small car that can fit a huge pram?

(7 Posts)
NashBridges Wed 31-Aug-11 22:01:52

Hello there - I passed my driving test last week (sixth attempt - so you can tell I'm not exactly gifted at it). We live in the country and have an eight-month-old little boy so I've been desperate to pass. I'm not confident so I'm looking for something (second hand) which is small and easy to drive and will nevertheless hopefully fit our vast pram in the boot.

Does anyone have a car to which they are devoted which they'd recommend? Equally, can anyone think of any I should avoid? I've been reading good write-ups of the Honda Jazz - but having seen one in the street today, I don't know if it's big enough to fit the pram.

If you can't think of anything that will fit the pram, just let me know - I could always try to find a smaller pram for days out. The reason for the vast pram is that I like to have the littley facing me (I've heard it's better for them) - so if you can think of a recommendation for a smaller pram / buggy style thingy that can do that and might fit in the boot of a smaller car, I'd be happy to hear that too.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Di

TeaMakesItBetter Wed 31-Aug-11 22:08:04

I have a mini cooper and my Bugaboo fits in the back. Well, that's the theory anyway when we bought it but since having the baby I've only used DH's big car wink

You have to take one of the wheels off and the seat bit has to go in the main part of the car and there's no room for shopping, or the baby but the pram fits. That's not helpful is it.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 31-Aug-11 22:12:03

I have a Skoda Fabia estate. It's not a big car that's for sure but the boot is fantastic.

Slainte Wed 31-Aug-11 22:16:01

My Honda Jazz boot takes my Sola pram (forward facing) no problem at all. It has the biggest boot in the "small car" category......DH did ALOT of research on this! grin

mosschops30 Wed 31-Aug-11 22:19:22

I have a mini clubman which fitted my pram in the boot, it now takes my mclaren buggy

NashBridges Wed 31-Aug-11 22:34:23

Ta for this it all looks really helpful. Made me laugh about the Mini Cooper too. The Honda Jazz and the Skoda Fabia sound like good options to me - and neither of them should be too pricey.

ticklebumpkin Thu 01-Sep-11 22:15:45

Jazz, totally.

The boot is massive for a small car, honestly you'd be surprised.

I leave a pliko pramette and a maclaren quest in there all the time and still have plenty of room for shopping.

I used to be able to get my twin maclaren and pliko in there at the same time too.

What pram have you got?

Honda v reliable too I should add.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now