Talk

Advanced search

wtf are these horrible little grubs in my utility room?

(9 Posts)
hatwoman Tue 30-Aug-11 22:11:23

they appeared on the wall - a little circular patch of them about 2-3 cm across. on close examination they were like tiny tiny caterpillars - about 1-2mm in length and doing that horrible leech like think of moving by reaching out with one end, plonking it down and then moving the back-end to meet up with the front end iyswim. they were grimtastic and I need to know what they were

peggotty Tue 30-Aug-11 22:13:04

Ew. Are they ex-grubs now presumably? Maybe fruitfly larva?

Bohica Tue 30-Aug-11 22:13:49

Where have you been in the last few days? Woods, fishing, camping etc?

bringinghomethebacon Tue 30-Aug-11 22:17:03

they sound like young maggots?

bringinghomethebacon Tue 30-Aug-11 22:17:55

Could you have had a random patch of something sugary on the wall (jam flown across room at breakfast time, as it does) where flies could have laid eggs? Bleach bleach bleach whatever they are!!

hatwoman Tue 30-Aug-11 22:21:26

they are very ex, after being doused in industrial strength oven cleaner they were flushed down the loo.

fruitfly larva - maybe
where have we been? well we live in the countryside, walk the dog every day, dd went fishing about in the stream today and brought back a tub of water hmm - but claims she saw the grubs before going to the stream

maggots - don;t think so as they were VERY small and not on anything normally attractive to maggots

hatwoman Tue 30-Aug-11 22:22:40

good point about random patch of sugariness - can't think of any recent jam slinging but you never know

AlwaysbeOpralFruitstome Tue 30-Aug-11 22:24:27

They could be Indian Meal Moth lava. Do you store any birdfood, dried foods (rice, nuts, pulses) in that room?

If it is them, you need to find the source of the infestation and get rid of it and then give the place a good wipe down with disinfectant as they sometimes lay eggs in dust, lil buggers.

hatwoman Tue 30-Aug-11 23:15:43

thanks always - I do have a recently purchased bag of bird food in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now