Advanced search

want to go back to my maiden name.

(2 Posts)
bamboobutton Wed 24-Aug-11 09:22:57

I'm not getting divorced, still happily married.

I got caught up in wedding fever and didn't really think much before changing my name. 5yrs on i still don't like or suit my married name, it's not me and want to go back to my maiden name.

do i need to deed poll it back or can i just go into the bank ect and tell them my new name? all the info i found when googling is either after divorce advice or american.
anyone else changed back when still married or knows what to do??

piellabakewell Wed 24-Aug-11 17:01:36

I changed back before divorce came through, but did it by deed poll. It's not expensive and at least that way it's indisputable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: