Talk

Advanced search

Calling all parents of Libby/Libbie/Libbi

(3 Posts)
Larlyb Thu 18-Aug-11 21:19:51

I'm not usually one to complain but as the mother of four year old Libby I was horrified to see that Tesco has rebranded it's tampons to Libbi.

We spent a long time selecting a name that would not lead to taunting in the playground only for Tesco to do this in a cheap attempt to look like Lil-lets on the shelves.

I have emailed and written to Richard Brasher, Head of Tesco Marketing, as well as his underling (!) John Farrell. I wasn't sure of the emails so I used a few...waiting to see if they have failed. Was tempted to call them Dick and Johnny to see how they felt but resisted that childish urge :-)

If you have a Libby I urge you to protest as well. I have put the addresses below FYI:

richardbrasher@tesco.com
richard.brasher@tesco.com
johnfarrell@tesco.com
john.farrell@tesco.com

For written letters the address is.

New Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Herts, EN8 9SL

Thanks for listening to my rant :-)

Megglevache Thu 18-Aug-11 21:25:42

I'm sure in a couple of years it'll be called Lab-fadge or somesuch... or fou-fou

ElaineM67 Fri 19-Aug-11 16:15:39

Of course it's annoying that they did that, but really, kids taunt because they want to target someone in particular, not just because a name creates associations.

If you want to bully someone there will always be reasons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now