Talk

Advanced search

Ramazan/Ramadhan

(9 Posts)
colourblue Mon 25-Jul-11 18:20:55

Hi guys Ramazan approaching, are you ready? have you stuffed your freezer with stuff? are you cooking before hand? what's your favourite sahar and aftaar food?
More importantly what are we going to do with kids being at home during the whole ramadhan?

littleducks Mon 25-Jul-11 18:26:07

Come join us in the Religion/Philosphy section, it is a bit quiet but will probably/hopefully pick up next week

I am not cooking beforehand...........I'm never that organised! My kids will be in madressa every weekday afternoon, so that will keep us busy! ANd we will eat at the mosque as many nights as I can possibly persuade dh to attend.

So all in all I am reallly looking forward to fasting salling in the holidays this year, and will be keeping my kids up every night instead of sending them to bed early......am hoping this could mean they sleep in too!

colourblue Mon 25-Jul-11 18:39:07

Lets hope so for your sake smile I tried that last year but no they were up at 6 am as well smile

littleducks Mon 25-Jul-11 19:58:06

Thats is how it has always been here too, but they are older now.....

littleducks Mon 25-Jul-11 19:59:05

Oh and here is the link to the thread I am trying to get going:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/philosophy_religion_spirituality/1265468-Ramadhan-1432-2011-All-welcome

Portofino Mon 25-Jul-11 20:06:32

Quick question....when does Ramadam end this year. Dd has many muslim friends at school who she'll be seeing at the holiday club. If last year is anything to go by, there were big parties and trips to Eurodisney. She was very, very envy. I like to be prepared, as I guess it similar for her to missing Christmas....

Portofino Mon 25-Jul-11 20:07:42

And I could spell it right blush

colourblue Mon 25-Jul-11 21:00:13

it will be before the school opens. We shall finish by 30th or 1st inshallah.

Portofino Mon 25-Jul-11 22:28:36

Ooh I looked on Google. So Ramadan finishes 30th August this year. And in Belgium school starts 1st September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now