Talk

Advanced search

USPS and UPS - parcel from the States

(3 Posts)
Bear Thu 16-Jun-11 10:16:41

I'm waiting for a parcel posted via USPS (the US equivalent of the Royal Mail) some 9 weeks ago. It was only trackable within the US and it appears to have left the US OK. No sign of it here - no attempted delivery, no card through the door, no invitation to pay exorbitant customs and quote unquote handing charges.

I checked my Royal Mail delivery office and they had a good look around and checked their customs log and found no sign either. The nice lady behind the counter said she thought that USPS use UPS to deliver this side of the pond so I should check with them. I can find no confirmation of this anywhere. Does anyone know if this is true, my understanding is that they're completely separate entities, their names are just similar, is all.

The parcel had some unique stuff in it so would love to find it.....

swanker Thu 16-Jun-11 23:27:10

Was it USPS international First class mail? It can take 6-12 weeks I think. I have never had any problems with them, but they don't use UPS over here- it goes in ordinary royal mail.

Bear Fri 17-Jun-11 15:23:58

thanks swanker - I thought that was the case. I'll keep on waiting then.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now