Talk

Advanced search

Child Modelling Agencies - Manchester

(35 Posts)
Janbo25 Tue 13-Sep-05 10:44:11

Can anyone recommend respectable modelling agencies in and around the manchester area?

nxbx9x2x Wed 10-May-17 13:59:12

has anyone used angel management models before? my son went for a photo shoot and been accepted just wanted some reviews please.

nicbr2013 Wed 10-May-17 13:52:31

has anyone used angel management model before?

ModellingInformation Wed 30-Nov-16 12:42:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

wajsm77 Sat 30-Jul-16 07:36:25

stay away from Studio 44 Manchester at all costs its a total scam ,,i paid £600 and got scammed and got a cheap disc as a portfolio for my children worth next to zero and the so called model agency is all linked into one ..only it is not an agency just a scam ..they are very particular when you get there that you must have a debit card for ID ..no such thing the debit card check is to make sure they have the means to fleece you and if you go ..they will fleece you they are the lowest of the low ..and they don't even let you leave the room in case you warn of the other people in the waiting room ..this place needs closing down

angelontheroad7 Wed 13-Apr-16 17:58:34

DO was accepted for modelling but I had to decline it because all the jobs are school times. Does anyone know any reliable agent around London area that can do weekend and school holiday

Milkybuttons15 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:50:40

Hi please join Parents of Child Models UK on Facebook and you will advice on this scam and other legitimate agencies.
Could everyone that has been scammed please conplain to Spokesman Said. The links can be found on the Facebook group. It's very very inportant that people complain because it will then be looked into X

jgreenha Mon 11-Apr-16 11:14:33

beware of model agency and studio 44. visited yesterday for a "test shoot" to see if my little boy was suitable for the agency. pics took 30 mins, then left to wait over an hour. brought into a room and was told they had emailed pics tot the agency in london to approve! he had been successful and we were to choose the pic that would then be in his portfolio?....... eh?? this was not agreed! the cost of this was £600 for ten photos!!! i may be stupid but not stupid and did not sign for this. you were only given a disc which we did see people leaving with poor things. after leaving and reading the blogs and info on google etc it appears to be a scam! i called trading standards about this this morning so it made me feel better. we have not signed a contract or bought the pics, (the small print on the form advises that they you cannot cancel or ammend the order once you have left the premises) beware! on saying that my little boy did enjoy the shoot and i would like to try and get him in a proper agency. can you recommend any in Manchester that will not need a fee or portfilio?

Milkybuttons15 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:17:13

They also use Kube Studios, NYC Studios, Mode Studios, Citi Studios X

Lovelymum007 Mon 04-Apr-16 19:50:03

AGAINS STAY CLEAR OF STUDIO 44 / MODEL AGENCY.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE REVIEWS I FOUND ON STUDIO 44 FACEBOOK ON 04/04/16. PLEASE HAVE A GOOD READ. OR VISIT THE PAGE FOR YOURSELF. I HAVE REMOVED THE INDIVIDUAL'S NAMES OF THOSE THAT POSTED THE COMMENTS, BUT LEFT THEIR INITIALS. YOU CAN READ THESE REVIEWS FOR YOURSELF ON:

www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-44/967385740001847

(LD) got asked to come for a test shoot with my child they mentioned nothing about having to buy a pricey portfolio wich is 600 and they put it on me after the shoot they told me it was successful and more or less gave me a bill for 600 pound for 24 images on a disc I payed a 60 pound deposit and then told I have to pay 90 a month to pay off the rest and siged a contract afterwards and uploaded my chillds profile on their website but I wish I didn't do it now as ive done a bit of research and most agencies say u don't need expensive photos to join an agency and if they do charge u don't usually pay anything until u start earning with them so im not sure what this one is about im beginning to feel ive been scammed!!!!!!
about a week ago · 1 Review ·

(NC)Awful took 2 of my sons here for a test shoot and we walked in were handed a sheet of paper to put down details then asked to take a seat. After sitting for over 2 hours and no one even bothering to introduce themselves or explanations about what would be happening during the shoot we walked out the staff are very rude it's clearly a massive con
about 3 weeks ago · 5 reviews ·
Kiesha Walters likes this.
Comments

(EJ)Don't use these absolute scam! Go in take pictures of your child not even interested in how they look say there 100 percent great for modelling then leave u sat there for half hour or so then bring u in an say great news your child been accepted but u need to pay 499 pounds for portfolio to send off to agency's an that they will get guaranteed work which isn't the case they make u feel u got to pa... See more
about 2 weeks ago · 1 Review ·

Lovelymum007 Mon 04-Apr-16 19:42:08

STAY AWAY FROM STUDIO 44 / MODEL AGENCY THEY ARE A SCAM, UNFORTUNATELY THEY GOT ME, BUT I HAVE NOTIFIED TRADING STANDARDS AND I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ESTABLISHING IF I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK VIA THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT. HAVE A LOOK AT THE REVIEWS OF STUDIO 44 POSTED ON FACEBOOK, ALL THE POST TALK ABOUT IT BEING A SCAM. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIST. STAY AWAY IS ALL I CAN SAY, OR THEY WILL GET YOU TO PAY A LARGE FEE FOR PICTURES KNOWN TO THEM AS THE REAL IMPORTANT PORTFOLIO THAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET YOUR CHILD WORK IN THE AGENCY. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

Milkybuttons15 Tue 15-Mar-16 13:40:29

As jobs/castings tend to be in Manchester/London or surrounding areas it's not important where the agency office is based really.
You would have to choose wether you would be prepared to travel either North or South and choose an agency that covers the area. Some agencies cover both X

JSWS1 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:50:07

Thank you x

Can anyone recommend a modeling agency in the midlands area please.

Milkybuttons15 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:32:58

Scam also X

JSWS1 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:06:51

Does anyone know if Model Agency in Manchester is legit?

Lisawkd Mon 14-Mar-16 14:39:50

Ok thank you xxx

Milkybuttons15 Mon 14-Mar-16 13:56:43

UK models is a scam.
Join Parents of Child Models UK for advice xx

Lisawkd Mon 14-Mar-16 13:40:19

Can anyone tell me it uk models is a legit company ? The shoot was in Manchester studio 44

Milkybuttons15 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:57:27

Models direct are are scam.
Please join Parents of Child Models UK on Facebook for correct information on other agencies.
Please also see the post I made tonight with the correct conduct of real agencies compared to those that are a scam.

Tiny Angels have their books open until 10th Jan. Bonnie and Betty, Boss are closed.
There is Fearless, Drama Mob, Little Allstars, Kids Manchester (v.good agency). There are more but it's about being patient and waiting until the books open x

brigitaapl Fri 23-Oct-15 13:27:03

My little boy is 4 and Photo lounge ask for few pik £1200 . Very bad rip off

alleywatson Tue 14-May-13 22:21:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LIZS Fri 23-Sep-05 12:27:59

rb, have you seen this thread re: modelsdirect ?

ronniebaby Thu 22-Sep-05 21:17:59

I've just had acceptances from Modelsdirect.com, but not sure what to do.

Can anyone advise, what happens as I have a 5 year old and I cant keep taking him out of school, does anyone know what they do, how they work???

Any advice would be grateful

JoJo80 Fri 16-Sep-05 12:27:34

I have sent pic's off of my daughter to 5 modelling agencies, so far she has had provisional acceptions from BizzyKidz, Little Acorns and Juliet Adams, can anyone give me any advice or share any experiances with them? So far it seems that Little Acorns are the only ones who want to actualy meet her before asking for a £120 fee, although I have heard good things about BizzyKidz

zippitippitoes Fri 16-Sep-05 08:05:17

This is a useful link to those interested in child modelling
Article in Junior Magazine

MODEL AGENCIES USED BY JUNIOR

UK Agencies

Boss Tel: 0161 834 3403 or visit www.bossagencies.co.uk
Elisabeth Smith Tel: 020 8863 2331 or visit www.elisabethsmith.co.uk
Kids London 67 Dulwich Road, London SE24 ONJ. Tel: 020 7924 9595 or visit www.kidslondonltd.com

Scallywags Tel: 020 8553 9999 or visit www.scallywags.co.uk
Urban Angels Tel: 0870 871 0045 or email info@urbanangelsagency.com
US Agencies

World Of Kids 1460 Ocean Drive, 205 Miami Beach, Florida 33139. Tel: 00 305 672 5437.
Ford Kids 142 Greene Street, New York. NY 10012. Tel: 00 212 219 6500.
To order a copy of Your Child As A Model, £6.95, write to Elisabeth Smith Ltd, 81 Headstone Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1PU.

trace2 Wed 14-Sep-05 09:55:37

kidz manchester and tuesday child macclesfield

there web address is kidzltd

www.tuesdaychildagency.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now