Talk

Advanced search

Tips for brushing 14 month olds teeth

(7 Posts)
pinkmagic1 Sat 20-Aug-05 22:43:27

I find it extremely difficult to brush my sons teeth, most of the time he just purses his lips. Often I just don't bother as it is so much hassle but I know this is wrong and I really must be doing it.
Any advice would be much apprieciated.

QueenOfQuotes Sat 20-Aug-05 22:45:20

When DS1 was little we started getting to copy us saying "ARGHHH" when brushing is teeth it worked really quickly - and then we let him 'help' (his hand on the brush as we brushed them). Even now he's nearly 5 he still says "Arghh" and as a result DS2 has learned to do the same.

Hattie05 Sat 20-Aug-05 22:45:46

I used to just give dd her toothbrush, and i'd brush mine and let her (sort of) copy. Now she is 2.5 and gives them a pretty good brush herself, and then i say let me have a go and do them as well.

moondog Sat 20-Aug-05 22:46:30

I have been giving my 13 mth old a toothbrush to play with for along time. Mow I give him one with a bit of toothpaste on it at the same time as his sister does hers (when they are in the bath or shower together.) I figure he will want to do whatever she does and it works!

meggymoo Sat 20-Aug-05 22:51:10

Message withdrawn

pinkmagic1 Sat 20-Aug-05 22:59:17

Great idea meggymoo. Where in boots did you find it? was it with the adult toothbrushes or in the baby section? how much was it?

meggymoo Sun 21-Aug-05 07:46:33

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now