Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MSN womens section weekly poll...breastfeeding in public a no no

(13 Posts)
Tipex Fri 19-Aug-05 20:19:45

its about whether women should BF in public, currently 48% think no, 41% think yes and rest are undecided.

Socci Fri 19-Aug-05 20:22:06

Message withdrawn

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 20:22:10

i cant believe that in this day and age, so many people still think bf in public is taboo.

Catbert Fri 19-Aug-05 20:29:36

But how many of the respondents were b/f mums? Or mums at all come to that? Surely the poll would throw up a different response if ONLY mothers were allowed to answer. If this was the case, it's a depressing outcome. (not that it isn't anyway).

However, regardless of this, I don't really care if I offended ANYONE by b/f in costa coffee, at the side of the pool, whilst walking around tesco, at the doctors surgery, in a restaurant or indeed anywhere else I chose to nork my babies (sorry - read that on another thread and made me laugh alot) I was never challenged (as it happens) and I was always ready to give a right earful to anyone who had dared anyway.

And so was DH (he was mildly disappointed we were never challenged so he never had a chance to have a good old public rant about it...)

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 20:33:14

i bf all my four and was never confronted, i dont see peoples probs, i was always very discreet and didnt just get my norks out(as cod would say!), you couldnt really see anything.

milward Fri 19-Aug-05 20:42:53

Why do they think they are to decide whether mums should bf in public - none of their business or concern. Why should someone who isn't bf think they can say what a mum who is bf can & can't do. Would they answer the same to if they could eat a sandwich or have a drink in public?????? Polls like this just make mums feel uncomfortable looking after their child as they see fit.

Gobbledigook Fri 19-Aug-05 20:44:57

What a bizarre question to ask in the first place - who is anyone to say you can or you can't??

MarsLady Fri 19-Aug-05 20:45:23

fortunately for the world they didn't see me double feeding. I would feed the DTs one at a time when we were out. That said I bf all of mine in public, including the front row at church.

hercules Fri 19-Aug-05 20:47:03

and yet so many people say the pressure is on mums to breastfeed......

hermykne Fri 19-Aug-05 20:47:20

j** what is peoples problem with b/feeding in public? what does it matter to them what a mum might be dong under her top.
god its not the boobs are put on display for full on viewing.
and people dont have to look.

good point catbert, its like all polls are the answerers the right people to be questioned .

hercules Fri 19-Aug-05 20:47:39

now I've never seen a woman breastfeed twins before in public.

Leogaela Fri 19-Aug-05 22:15:09

Poll? what poll? I can't believe it should even be a question. What the hell does this 48% think that bfeeding mums should do - spend their lives hiding away! !

Leogaela Fri 19-Aug-05 22:16:53

Also agree that very often if you are feeding your baby no one would notice anyway. before I was a mum I had NEVER seen anyone feeding in public, now I see it all the time !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now