Talk

Advanced search

MSN - How do I change an emoticon

(6 Posts)
Kayleigh Fri 19-Aug-05 10:46:09

I have an emoticon - a big red moving exclamation mark which is now getting on my nerves and want to change it back to a normal exclamation mark. How can I do this - or do I need to delete the flashing one somehow. Would like to save the flashing one as something else and just use sparingly. Not every time I want to exclaim.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

SaintGeorge Fri 19-Aug-05 10:52:54

IIRC, click on the icon which brings up the full list of your available emoticons. On there you should find an edit function (right hand side of the pop up box). You can then choose the key sequence you want to associate with the emoticon - choose something you are unlikely to type accidently.

Kelly1978 Fri 19-Aug-05 10:54:02

double click the msn icon in the right hand corner to get the msn window up.
Click on tools > My Emotions...
Slect the emotion you want to modify, click modify, then change the keyboard shortcut to what you want it to be.

cod Fri 19-Aug-05 10:54:11

Message withdrawn

Kayleigh Fri 19-Aug-05 10:56:18

oooh, that worked !! I was fiddling for ages before and couldn't find the edit. Have changed the flashy emoticon to two exclamations marks.

Thanks so much for your help SaintGeorge. Mmmmwah !

Kayleigh Fri 19-Aug-05 10:58:30

cod, i got mine from melsy. It looked so cool when she did it, that I wanted one. But now it just irritates me as I use exclamation marks a lot !!!!!!

thanks Kelly1978

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now