Talk

Advanced search

Selling my wedding dress - should I ebay it?

(8 Posts)
Miaou Thu 18-Aug-05 23:45:36

I want to sell my wedding dress. It's cream wild silk size 10, but quite short as I'm only 5'2" so possibly a limited market. I wondered about selling it on ebay but don't want it to go for peanuts.

Have you bought/sold a wedding dress on ebay? What would be a reasonable price to expect do you think? Or are there better places to sell it? I had a look on ebay but it mostly seems to be new ones on there.

Alternatively if you want a size 10 wedding dress please let me know and I'll send you pictures

Mary71 Thu 18-Aug-05 23:46:31

do you need the money??

MarsLady Thu 18-Aug-05 23:48:05

You could always put a reserve price on it to ensure that if it sold you would get a decent amount.

Miaou Thu 18-Aug-05 23:49:08

It would certainly come in very handy, Mary - I have a new baby and dh isn't working. <<Miaou gets the violins out>>

I'm not sentimental enough to want to keep it for my dds or for posterity, if that's where you're coming from.

Miaou Thu 18-Aug-05 23:50:18

I wondered about that Marslady - would £100 be too much, do you reckon? I paid £850 for it 11 years ago and it is in mint condition.

Mary71 Thu 18-Aug-05 23:54:14

what do you pay for it and when, I paid £380 for it in 1993 and I won't sell it as dd has got her eyes on it and I would get little for it? Can you not keep it and sell something else, sorry am sentimental and think wedding dresses are priceless

Miaou Thu 18-Aug-05 23:57:43

See my previous reply, Mary!

MarsLady Fri 19-Aug-05 01:15:25

seems fair miaou, but be prepared for it not to sell.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: