Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

name labels for clothes - I need recommendations please.

(11 Posts)
ChilloHippi Thu 26-Nov-09 08:47:47

DS is starting school in the New Year so everything needs to be labelled (to be honest it should have been done before now for nursery blush).
I have nightmare images of me trying to sew in those little white labels with your name in red letters as that's all that existed when I was little, but I know there is more out there now.
I'd like labels that don't go hard or fall off in the wash or tumble drier. What do you all recommend?

Housemum Thu 26-Nov-09 13:05:41

Stuck on You - I love these labels (and I will declare my interest, I am a Stuck on You agent). They do traditional rectangular labels, and "clothing dots" round labels, both iron-on. They have little icons that you can choose as well, to make it easier for your DS to recognise his clothes, particularly if there are other boys with his name. They also do funky shoe labels.

My favourite labels are the stick-on vinyl ones which really do go through the dishwasher without coming off, I uses little plastic boxes in DD's lunchbox rather than cling film, all with her name on.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 26-Nov-09 13:08:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBadger Thu 26-Nov-09 13:09:41

I use Cash's style sew-in ones like you remember (but I got them from here because they do them in dd-favoured pink at no extra cost blush)

nothing else stays on as well or comes out as neatly for handing down

they are a pain to do but once you have your hand in you can do them in front of the tv.

mumblechum Thu 26-Nov-09 13:10:26

After years of laboriously sewing in those fiddly little labels I've started using laundry markers on the inside collar of all ds's shirts, tshirts etc. Not brilliant for trousers but you can write on the label instead.

hejatuppen2003 Thu 26-Nov-09 13:14:54

www.LabelLighthouse.com has great peel and stick labels for clothing. No ironing or sewing needed. They also work on toys and other stuff.

Knickers0nMaHead Thu 26-Nov-09 15:49:39

Just right on the label.

ChilloHippi Thu 26-Nov-09 23:18:17

thanks for all the suggestions. I shall look into it all. I want to make the labels obvious to I'm not either losing stuff or having to trawl through tons of lost property, so I want to do more than write on the label.

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 26-Nov-09 23:24:54

I use Easy2name iron on ones they are brill and don't come off.
I have only needed to buy one pack for each child since there are plenty in the packs!
(I think I must have ordered 1,000 or something in a brief fleeting ' I'm going to be very efficient' moment)

ChilloHippi Fri 27-Nov-09 19:43:12

thanks fruitshoot smile They sound like they are nice and easy to do. I shall google them and have a look.

LindsayJ Fri 01-Jul-11 14:25:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now