Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

it's been three weeks, i have to accept it... i have LOST MY CAR KEY with the remote twizzler thing... <sobs>

(13 Posts)
AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 00:39:45

i am the mother of two small children, i cannot be piddling about locking doors. Plus, with my form i'll lose the spare and then i'll just have a big metal shed on the street.

so <gulps>

how much do you think it'll cost to get a replacement? honda, so the dealership are going to approach me on a horse named black bess, armed with a set of pistols. sad

or are there Cunning Things that i can do?

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 00:40:14

and yes, i have seen the time. i will be bumping this tomorrow, oh yes i will.

LeninGhoul Thu 29-Oct-09 00:56:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DEMlostandtired Thu 29-Oct-09 01:16:58

I had to replace my key and it was £60 for a key without the push button locking. I was told it was cost me an absolute fortune to get a push button locking key and they'd have to do serious work on car. General quotes for new key is 60-80 pounds.

Hides after being bearer of bad news.
I feel your pain.

Fillyjonk Thu 29-Oct-09 05:33:41

aitch same here,

we're going to try to claim on insurance

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 09:56:03

i've just claimed something else frivolous on the insurance though (buggy) so i'd be getting dangerously close to the 'two strikes and you're a pauper' thing for the year. (don't get me started on sodding insurance).

i really want one with the button thing though, it's so much more convenient when trying to wrassle two ankle-biters on our busy street. i'll phone honda now and come back and tell you what they quoted, give us all a laugh... sad

RealityBites Thu 29-Oct-09 09:58:23

Message withdrawn

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 10:00:52

<faints>

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 10:57:02

honda say 165, local guy says 70. that's not so bad, i suppose.

Lionstar Thu 29-Oct-09 11:02:28

Aitch, when you get it done it may well be worth asking for an extra set which may well be much cheaper. Some friends had new keys recently, the replacement set cost £150 shock, but an extra set was only £20.

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 11:03:36

oh right, thanks, good point.

Joolsiam Thu 29-Oct-09 11:04:01

I went 6 weeks without mine once - was about to give in and get a quote when our early Summer became unseasonably cold again and I dug my jeans back out of the cupboard - lo and behold, the key was in the pocket grin

Worth a try - going through pockets in your wardrobe / different coats and bags ??

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 29-Oct-09 11:08:24

i have gone through everything. the thing is, i have quite a clear memory of putting it somewhere in the house and thinking 'oho, that is an unusual place to put my car keys, i must remember that's what i've done with them'. [idiot]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now