Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Good hair care products for v curly dry hair

(12 Posts)
janx Sat 24-Oct-09 10:38:16

My dd has fantastic if not slightly wild curly hair that gets very matted quickly. I use a good quality conditioner, but think she needs some product on it afterwards. Any suggestions?

savoycabbage Sat 24-Oct-09 10:43:24

My dd has dry curly hair and the Aussie range is really good on her hair. I love this serum

janx Sat 24-Oct-09 10:44:44

Here is a picture of dd to illustrate my point
"3-4girls"

janx Sat 24-Oct-09 10:46:11

Oh thank savoycabbage - I do use there leave on conditioner, but will try this - is it sticky or does it just go nice and shiney?

Montifer Sat 24-Oct-09 10:47:30

Have a look here

janx Sat 24-Oct-09 16:59:09

OMG - that is so complicated - interesting but complicated - could you talk me through it?

Montifer Sat 24-Oct-09 19:13:50

I haven't started yet but do intend to. Am too mean to throw away my expensive Aveda shampoo blush

My understanding is you just wash and condition with conditioner. I think the hot favourite products seem to be Original Source tea tree and mint conditioner to wash and a slightly richer OS one to condition.
The key seems to be the scalp rubbing to get it clean without the detergents which are in shampoo.
There are other products that are recommended which come in a variety of price ranges.

If you have a trawl through the thread linked above I think there is a really useful post with a selection of 'suitable' products.

I'm expecting marvellous things to happen to my curly frizz.

BiteOfFun Sat 24-Oct-09 19:19:20

Oh the Curly Girl Method! Yes, I love it, has done wonders for my hair- pic on profile smile

ABitHaloweenBatty Sat 24-Oct-09 19:30:33

Umberto Gianni curl stuff is good, scrunching jelly in particular. You can get small versions so if you don't get on with it you haven't lost a lot. HTH!

janx Sat 24-Oct-09 20:22:33

So no shampoo at all?...any stuff on after that?

mathanxiety Sat 24-Oct-09 20:34:59

There's a book with complete instructions and I think there's a site somewhere too. Google curly girl on amazon. There are three of us here with curls and we've been doing this for a good while. You just use conditioner and the scalp scrubbing. Rinse the conditioner only very briefly, scrunch out excess moisture, then apply diluted gel, then don't touch it until it's dry. The book has suggestions about ingredients to look for in conditioner and gel products. You don't brush the hair -- loose hair comes out in the shower when you run your fingers through it, and there can be quite a lot since you're not brushing. Saved me a lot of misery with my DD's hair in the mornings..

savoycabbage Sat 24-Oct-09 22:06:30

Hi, no it's not at all sticky. I don't shampoo her hair either. I forgot to say that, I am so used to it that I don't even think about it any more. I sometimes use Aveda's curl stuff but I prefer the Aussie one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now