Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Do any brands of socks stay on a 5 1/2 month old?

(15 Posts)
ilovemyoboe Sat 10-Oct-09 10:52:46

My baby is always kicking and rubbing his socks off. Has anyone found a brand of socks that actually stay on? Tried Tesco and John Lewis so far. Haven't worried too much during the warmer weather, but I don't want him to have permanently cold feet come the winter.

llaregguBOO Sat 10-Oct-09 10:54:16

Yes, BabyGap.

cat64 Sat 10-Oct-09 10:54:31

Message withdrawn

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 10-Oct-09 10:54:40

tights is your answer for winter, under his trousies

FlameWithTooManyHormones Sat 10-Oct-09 10:54:43

I always found the gap ones I was given best (no idea why!!) - towelly ones better than cotton though, where they are that much thicker they grip on better.

Or just whack on tights.

shonaspurtle Sat 10-Oct-09 10:56:16

Gap

shonaspurtle Sat 10-Oct-09 10:57:03

But I have to say if I was doing it again I'd go for tights. Much more sensible.

ilovemyoboe Sun 11-Oct-09 15:15:02

Right, I've got some BabyGap socks (on sale luckily as they're not cheap!). Thanks for the recommendation. If that doesn't work I'll try tights; thanks for that suggestion - I'd never have thought of it. Might have trouble persuading my husband to let me put tights on our baby boy though!

norksonmywitchesbroomstick Sun 11-Oct-09 15:23:54

If you get him dressed and change his nappy, he will not even notice - anyway much more important that your DS is warm.

BTW I found that all socks stayed on if they wore a pair of leather shoes, like this over the top

Rosa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:26:13

I second the shoes . Daisly roots or starchild ...Great things ...My 11mth old is just growing out of her 0-6 mths ones !
Jo Jo do sock hold on things never tried them though.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 11-Oct-09 15:27:09

i used tights for ds

VintageGaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahdenia Sun 11-Oct-09 15:31:03

I found the only socks that stayed on were from DPAM, maybe that was just ds's particular feet! You can get nice long ones up to the knee, too, so if your dh is hmm about tights he might go for those, it takes a lot of rubbing around for them to come off.

mananny Sun 11-Oct-09 15:35:22

We used tights on my boy ex-charges, navy or grey ones so the dad didn't think they were girly LOL. They are so much warmer and more practical than socks that keep falling off!

moosemama Sun 11-Oct-09 15:50:36

I have exactly the same problem with my dd.

Tried some of these sock ons on Friday and her socks stayed on all day for the first time ever.

I notice they are out of stock on that link. I bought mine off ebay, they have more styles available on ebay as well.

Montifer Sun 11-Oct-09 15:53:50

Gap socks were recommended as good for staying on.
They were a bit tight for PFB DS's fat ankles,

White company socks get my vote for staying on wriggly, fat ankled feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now