Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

I have googled and googled...

(9 Posts)
OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 08-Oct-09 01:45:03

...but I cannot find a dome umbrella in fluorescent yellow. I can find lots with pretty patterns, but the closest just has trim and handle in colour, with the rest clear (for fairly obvious reasons, I suppose... grin) Can anyone help with something a bit more, well, fluorescent yellow, I suppose?

(Present for adolescent niece, colour specified and unchangeable)

hobbgoblin Thu 08-Oct-09 02:09:49

this is closest in existence afaiam concerned! I feel your Google pain grin sort of yellow

SaintGeorge Thu 08-Oct-09 02:15:54

citrus yellow dots any good?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 08-Oct-09 02:19:50

Thanks hobbgoblin, that's pretty much all I found.

Apparently, if I can't find such a thing "anything fluorescent yellow" (which I am, in desperation, now taking to include "neon yellow") will "do", but as I have only sons I'm not sure what's Ok on a (not petite) 11 year old girl these days? I can find lots of "clubby" stuff, but I can't help wondering about the appropriateness for a young lass living in the back of beyond in the Scottish highlands.

(At least she'll be seen at night.... grin)

I'll go ask my sister for clarification, I think.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 08-Oct-09 02:21:39

Sorry, SaintGeorge, X posts. "Fluorescent yellow" was very, very specific, so I think the dots are out. Too much green... grin

But thanks for taking the time, I wasn't really expecting much by way of reply at this time of night.

SaintGeorge Thu 08-Oct-09 02:24:30

Next brightest was this one

Does it have to be a dome one?

SaintGeorge Thu 08-Oct-09 02:26:10

Lol, does she like wildlife by any chance?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 08-Oct-09 02:30:23

I was daft enough to ask, and "fluorescent yellow dome umbrella" was top of the list, followed by "anything fluorescent yellow". As I say, I have adult sons (with no interest in fashion or clothes, much like myself blush) but I know from reading threads here that with girls, if it's not "right", it's not right! She's a lovely girl and I really want to get her something she'll like, because I know she'll cover her disappointment and I'd rather she didn't have to.

(Does that sound weird?)

Anyway, I'll get on to her mum for a bit of clarification.

Thanks again, it's appreciated.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 08-Oct-09 02:31:23

I found the ducks earlier, and personally I love them; but I'm not sure if she's into irony just yet... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now