Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Please Help. What music does my mobile play?!

(4 Posts)
bebemoo Thu 01-Oct-09 15:05:18

I was given an old school Mamas and Papas Noah's ark mobile for my daughter's cot; the couple who gave it to me would like it back in time for their next baby due in Dec. Problem is dd loves the tune it plays and laughs whenever we turn it on. (I don't want to give it back) But they want it back because it's Noah's ark themed and they like it. I offered to buy a new mobile for them, but they 'rather like the old one'...
I've had a look on ebay and googled, but to no avail.
So, can anyone help? Do any of you have the mobile (or did you have it) and remember what tune is called so I can hopefully get it somewhere else? It's not any of the 'normal' lullaby tunes for baby like 'twinkle twinkle' or 'rock-a-bye'...I would almost suggest it's a bit of classical music or perhaps from a musical as it sounds slightly familiar to me, but I just can't place it.

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Thu 01-Oct-09 23:28:15

Could it be Brahm's Lullaby, perhaps? You could try phoning the BBC or Classic FM or similar and playing it down the phone (or humming it). Mad, I know, but I've done it and they were very lovely about the humming madwoman on the end of the line......

gerontius Thu 01-Oct-09 23:43:12

is it this?

bebemoo Fri 02-Oct-09 02:22:13

hmmm that's a good guess and at first I thought 'maybe' but I played them side by side and they don't fit.

BUT my sister said that when she played it her 5yr old who was near by started singing 'Go to sleep...' so she googled and found the lyrics

Go to sleep, Close your eyes
Tomorrows a new day
Go to sleep Close your eyes
Tomorrow we...will... play!! WE

And they do kind of work... but not quite, unless some of the words have more than one note to them at the end... hmmm I'll check it out more tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now