Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Bath support for 6m old baby

(11 Posts)
bacon Thu 01-Oct-09 11:42:31

Saw in mothercare a baby seat with mat at £25 but is it practical or better just a bath seat. What do you have to save your back and so that my 4 yr old can share and play together. Also going on hols next month do you bother to take one or can you get inflatables due to bulky size?

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Thu 01-Oct-09 22:36:17

I just got a seat for £10.99 from Kiddicare.com (I think). no bath mat. DS shares bath with DD (4 in 2 weeks) and they play very well together. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

nigglewiggle Thu 01-Oct-09 22:37:56

I wouldn't bother. They will soon be sitting up and it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have a bath mat to stop them slipping. Save your cash smile.

Biglips Thu 01-Oct-09 22:38:54

i wouldnt bother too as they usually start sitting up between 6 - 8 months.

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 01-Oct-09 22:39:14

I used the mothercare aquapod (the one you have seen) for ds, and was very pleased with it. £25 is quite expensive, but you should be able to sell it on afterwards.
(if you're in Herts/Beds then let me know, as I can sell you mine!)

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 01-Oct-09 22:40:18

niggle/biglips - they are meant to be sitting to use the aquapod anyway. It just stops them from toppling over, which is v useful when sharing a bath with an older child who tends to move about a lot!

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Thu 01-Oct-09 22:46:44

here you go. It's £12.99 but I find it good

nigglewiggle Thu 01-Oct-09 22:47:52

My two share a bath without problems (2.3 year gap) - neither has been in any sort of seat - waste of money if you ask me.

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Thu 01-Oct-09 22:47:58

I like mine because yes, DS is sitting but DD is very lively and I like the added safety it gives him.

Biglips Fri 02-Oct-09 09:37:12

i did actually buy a baby support (a lying down one) for the bath from a nct sales for £2.00 (ans also i do have one of those bath swivelseat...mine is rubbish now as it doesnt stick anymore (it used to be dd1's but dd2 is using it so i think the suckers are knackered now so i have to hold the seat..but otherwise they are really good).

i would have a go putting it netmums to ask for one as its more local and easy for u to pick up.

Biglips Fri 02-Oct-09 09:39:47

(they are really good from new)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now