Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Stairgates

(9 Posts)
unam Mon 28-Sep-09 19:55:14

Is there such a thing as a stair gate that has no trip bar AND an easy open mechanism?????!!!!!

differentID Mon 28-Sep-09 19:56:42

not if it's pressure fitted.

wonderingwondering Mon 28-Sep-09 19:56:57

Yes, we had one that fixed to the wall. Can't remember what brand but we bought it on Kiddicare, and it was one of the cheaper ones.

unam Mon 28-Sep-09 20:00:28

Wonderingwondering, I'm wondering which one it is?!
I know it'll be a screwfix one, I'm happy with that.

GentleOtter Mon 28-Sep-09 20:01:13

We have a Lindam one that has no trip bar and is easy (for us) to open.

wonderingwondering Mon 28-Sep-09 20:04:30

I shall go and see if it has a name on it. Back in a mo.

wonderingwondering Mon 28-Sep-09 20:09:39

www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__60469_10001_

This one. If you fit it right, the opener is quite easy, you just have to make sure it the gate isn't fitted too tightly.

It opens by a latch - you press down on the top of the latch, which is fitted to the wall, with your thumb while lifting the gate out of the latch with your first finger. Less complicated than it sounds!

unam Mon 28-Sep-09 20:16:58

Wow this is great! Can't believe I got so many replies so quikly. Thank you!
I had a look at that link you sent, and I think I'm going to have to believe you when you say it's easy to use!
There are easier handles but they only seem to be on the pressure ones.
I think I'll have to go with this one as no trip is essential as we have an awkward extra step at top of landing which already creates a hazard

wonderingwondering Mon 28-Sep-09 20:23:23

We do too, I didn't want a bar across the floor at the top of the stairs. We've had ours up for nearly five years now, is no problem - DH has mastered the art of balancing the tea tray in the morning while opening the gate!

We've just got rid of the downstairs one, which was the same. They were less hassle to open than the pressure gate we had on our kitchen, but for that gate we didn't want to screw in to the wall as it was more temporary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now