Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Stokke Keep?

(10 Posts)
trellism Tue 22-Sep-09 19:03:38

I was wondering if anyone had this and what they thought of the quality. I don't mind spending money on decent furniture especially if (as seems the case with most Stokke stuff) you can convert or adapt it as the baby gets older.

DH and I have a non-IKEA pact, you see, formed a long time ago after getting rid of our last piece of gimcrack MDF from there.

trellism Tue 22-Sep-09 20:00:35

Or even just any stokke furniture, really.

[tumbleweed]

JeMeSouviens Tue 22-Sep-09 20:02:37

We have the change table and cot, they're 2.5yrs old and look brand new. I think the quality is very good. For the Keep, it looks like you'd need a large room otherwise it could be overbearing.

trellism Tue 22-Sep-09 20:07:19

Would you say they're worth the money? I don't resent spending a lot on something decent.

norktasticninja Tue 22-Sep-09 20:19:49

Stokke stuff is usually fantastic quality and really durable. I think it tends to hold it's value well too, which is a bonus.

I've got a couple of their chairs (Tripp Trapps), they are about 17 and still as good as new.

I just had a peek at the stokke site, the single until doesn't look very special to me but I like the look of the larger configuration.

It could be overbearing in a small room, but it depends on the finish size of what you choose too. IMO it probably would work in a smaller room if you kept the decoration simple and fresh (and don't stuff too much furniture in).

If you can afford, go for it!

norktasticninja Tue 22-Sep-09 20:20:58

What sort are you thinking of?

SoupDragon Tue 22-Sep-09 20:23:07

I think it looks hideous. Surely you can get something more attractive for that kind of money.

norktasticninja Tue 22-Sep-09 20:23:13

Gah. That was Dutch, sorry! Here

CMOTdibbler Tue 22-Sep-09 20:25:12

We've got the cot (actually its a junior bed now), the changer, a Tripp Trapp, and I have a Stokke kneeler chair. Fantastic quality, and really solid

trellism Tue 22-Sep-09 23:29:01

I'm not a fan of the grey, I was going to go for the walnut finish in the larger arrangement: the wardrobe and shelves.

Thanks all - I was also attracted by the solid resale value on Ebay, although hopefully I'll keep the stuff for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now