Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Does anyone know where I can get a mother/father version of a baby record book?

(9 Posts)
bodiddly Thu 17-Sep-09 19:58:44

I have a book which I bought 4 years ago from M&S which is designed to be written in by a child's parents. The idea being that you write about you, your childhood, your parents etc .... so that your child will have the information when they are older or I guess you are no longer around. I have only seen these books in one place since and that was a while ago. Does anyone know what they are called so I can do a search or better still where I can find one? Thanks!

Tinkerisdead Thu 17-Sep-09 20:02:01

Yes I have one that im writing for my DD, they are called "dear mum...from me to you" or dad obviously.

I just googled them and they are for sale in lots of places online

bodiddly Thu 17-Sep-09 20:03:47

thank you ... have lots of baby presents to buy and thought they might be a nice idea?!

Tinkerisdead Thu 17-Sep-09 20:09:00

Yeah, I love mine and I got one for my mum. My Nan has alzheimers and so I soon realised how much information gets lost. I also watched a programme called the mummy diaries and mums who knew they would die would write books for their DCs.

I got my book for mothers day, I wanted one so that DD would always have a record of how i felt about her and my life before DH etc in case i wasnt around to tell her. And hopefully i'll still be around for her to read it when im old and take the piss out of me grin
Great present idea, much better than the usual outfit from Next that everyone seems to buy you when you have a baby!

bodiddly Thu 17-Sep-09 20:14:09

the only problem I have found is that these seem to be particular to a mother or father .. the one I have has room for both parents to fill in. We have 3 new babies to buy gifts for - 2 would be ok to have the Mum version but not sure whether the Dad version would ever get done for the other!

Tinkerisdead Thu 17-Sep-09 20:19:33

hmmmmm mine is def about me as the mum but there is room to write about meeting DH's parents, first time I met him etc. there's also bits to write anything else i choose. the pages are completely blank with just a header title at the top so there is room for the dad to write in it or for mum to add dads perspective too if she wanted to.

mind you i have a baby book and it has a section for Dads version of the birth and its the one bit not filled in for DD!

bodiddly Thu 17-Sep-09 20:20:57

that is the problem! My step brother is pretty unlikely to fill it in but if I buy the mum one then I am not sure it is really a present for all of them. The other 2 are for my half sisters so I don't think that matters as much!

Tinkerisdead Thu 17-Sep-09 20:34:58

found some more.. pricelesstreasures online.com

i cant do a link, im rubbish. they have a plain memories book or a new parents memories book. as well as the mum, dad, grandparents ones xxx

bodiddly Thu 17-Sep-09 20:43:43

thank you very much ... that's what I need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now