Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Hair Straighteners

(7 Posts)
cece Wed 16-Sep-09 14:15:13

Need some recommendations please.

New hairstyle, hairdresser used straighteners and it looked fab. I have done it today, not so fab, conclusion is I need some straighteners...

Hair is fine at front but thicker at back, wavy, curly and quite a short style. Looking to spend no more than £30, prefer under £20, in case I can't get it to work(usually have very poor hair skills).

Thanks

MadreInglese Wed 16-Sep-09 14:17:39

GHDs

(minimal skill required)

They are £££££ but totally worth the money - mine were £120 and have latest about 4 years so far

Squishabelle Wed 16-Sep-09 14:22:38

Cece please dont consider anything other than GHDs. People will come on here and recommend others but nothing will beat GHDs. Me and dd have tried cheaper ones in the past but have beeen a waste of money.

cece Wed 16-Sep-09 14:23:30

I have heard about those but they are way over my budget. I have found these Good reviews on the amazon website for this model.

Roomfor2 Wed 16-Sep-09 14:25:45

I've used GHDs and IMO they are not any better than the Babyliss 360 that I bought for a fraction of the price.

The babyliss heat up in 30 sec and have a dial so you can have super-duper heat or not. I use them on about 3 (out of 10) and it is plenty for my thick, long hair.

cece Wed 16-Sep-09 14:27:20

Thanks, off on school run will pop back later. I really should be more girly and know about stuff like this... blush

Roomfor2 Wed 16-Sep-09 14:28:54

Sorry - it is babyliss 230, not 360 (well, I've had them for a few years now...) blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now