Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Where can I buy a changing table top type thing to go on existing chest of drawers?

(9 Posts)
alittleteapot Sun 13-Sep-09 21:17:45

With dd we just changed her on the table or floor but it did dp's back in. this time we still don't want a changing table but would like to buy a top/tray type thing that we could put on an existing chest of drawers for changing but that would give the protection of edges in case the baby suddenly rolls over.

Ikea don't seem to sell these trays separately - is there anywhere else that does (relatively cheaply?) I think John Lewis does one but it's over £50 which seems a bit steep for what we're after...

alittleteapot Sun 13-Sep-09 21:23:23

This is the John Lewis one "here" - just wondering if I can find something similar but a bit more cheap and cheerful.

alittleteapot Sun 13-Sep-09 21:25:04

"John Lewis changing top is here" sorry, same as last post but I just wanted to practise doing better links!

Laquila Sun 12-May-13 16:03:55

Bumping a very old thread to see if anyone has any suggestions? We have a large desk/chest of drawers thing that we're think of using as a changing table (I just don't think we'll be able to do it that comfortably on the floor - husband is tall and I have a dodgy back).

We will probably just end up buying one of the sloping-sided mats and using that on its own, but ideally what I'd like is some kind of detachable tray-type unit with sides, maybe even on that lifts the mat height a little higher than the desk? Is this wishful thinking?!

theonewiththenoisychild Sun 12-May-13 20:21:43

what about one that goes on the cot?

ApuskiMcClusky Sun 12-May-13 20:30:44

DH made one from MDF that we then painted and put the foam changing mat on - complete with sides that stopped it slipping around and stopped any rolling babies. It's worked brilliantly actually. And DH is not typically handy in ny way, it wasn't very hard.

OrbisNonSufficit Sun 12-May-13 20:53:45

You can get those plastic ones they have in public loos on amazon... or wooden ones...

Laquila Sun 12-May-13 22:17:31

Thanks very much for the suggestions - I did consider one that goes over the cot but for some reason am a bit worried about stability, which I know is ridiculous when loads of people use them and they have to pass trillions of safety standard whatsits...

My husband's a builder/carpenter so I think I may end up getting him to fashion something. Thanks again!

ananikifo Sun 12-May-13 22:29:34

Argos has three items like this:




Sorry if links don't work, I'm on the mniPhone app and looking at Argos mobile site.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: