Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Does anyone know a car that three seats can go in the back?

(14 Posts)
devotion Mon 07-Sep-09 10:18:20

At the moment we have a toyota estate which we are really happy with but I am due baby no.3 in Jan and you can not fit three seats in a row in the back.

We dont want a 4x4 style car, or one of those monster family carriers. I am not bothered by 7 seaters either we just want to be able to have five people in a car. It seems that as soon as you want to fit one more person in that the car either looks really geeky or its a massive beast of a thing.

Are there any estates out there where you can have three seats in a row? I have seen cars with three seat belts in a row but not sure if three car seats fit.

Thank you

cousinsandra Mon 07-Sep-09 10:22:37

We went through this about a year ago. Aside from a monster 4x4 like you mention, we found that a Citroen Xsara (still massive), Ford zetec (I think)and Renault Scenic were the largest across and did fit the 3 seats. But bizarrely, we also managed to get 3 into my mum's new Micra, although one was a skinny booster and one a simple baby seat, not the massive Maxicose recliner one that we have now. We've got the Scenic and I think it's a great family car, it has 3 proper seatbelts and all the back seats move independently and can be put down together or seperately.

HTH

claricebeansmum Mon 07-Sep-09 10:28:16

Have a look at the Volvo estate. Ours seems very big in the back althuogh we are out of car seats.

Dophus Mon 07-Sep-09 10:29:02

I have a 4x4 monster and it still doesn't bloody fit 3 seats!

I'm also expecting #3 and watching this with interest!

Does an Audi A4 estate or any of the others do it? Curious about the narrow boosters - I didn't know these were available. This may be the answer as whilst I appreciate the advantages of a Scenic - I'm just not convinced it is the car for me (minor hijack)

devotion Mon 07-Sep-09 10:33:01

Hello

Just had a look at the Renault Scenic, I like it in black.

cousinsandra Mon 07-Sep-09 10:33:19

I don't think it's marketed as a narrow booster (it should be!) But it's a very straitforward plastic seat - the others I have seem to be very wide for 5 year olds. We refer to my son's current one as the Kingly Throne as it seems so huge and sometimes it is near impossible to get the three seats in together. I guess just measuring the seats themselves in the first place could have been a cheaper way to go!

izzybiz Mon 07-Sep-09 10:44:28

I had a Renault Scenic, fantastic car.
Its no longer than say a Focus, its just a bit higher and a tiny bit wider, 3 seperate seats in the back, lots of boot space etc.

And, I can also vouch for the fact they are extremely safe. Mine sadly was written off by a van driver about 6 weeks ago sad

He pulled out of a side road as I was driving by, hit my car on the rear passenger door(where my 5 yo Dd was sitting) and spun our car 360* into another van.

Car remained in one piece amazingly and myself, my mother and 2 children came away unscathed.

Would def recommend the Scenic!!

4andnotout Mon 07-Sep-09 10:46:06

I have a fiat Multipla with 3 car seats in the back, 1 britax eclipse in the middle and 2 graco high back boosters either side.

izzybiz Mon 07-Sep-09 10:46:22

Will also add, had Dd been in just a booster seat, she would have been hit by the door crumpling, So so glad she was in her high back booster. She will never be traveling in just a booster ever again, the side impact protection is so important.

cousinsandra Mon 07-Sep-09 11:03:17

That sounds horrible izzy, but good to know the scenic stood up to it! Hope you're all okay.

devotion Mon 07-Sep-09 12:09:14

izzybiz - sorry to hear you had such a scary experience. Glad you are all ok.

I have always been tempted to take the back off my dd age 6 seat and just use the booster but now I def wont.

Thanks all. Great posts, keep them coming!!! x

Dawnybabe Mon 07-Sep-09 12:32:03

I've got a VW Passat which fits a Britax and two baby car seats in the back. Lovely car and very roomy. smile

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Mon 07-Sep-09 12:40:03

Message withdrawn

glittery Sat 19-Sep-09 17:42:10

http://www.multimac.co.uk/carseatrange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now