Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

KiddyGuard stairguard...

(9 Posts)
PolkSaladLucie Sun 06-Sep-09 20:47:57

Are they really worth it? We need something to cover a wide space, and as it is between sitting room and kitchen we don't want a bar at the bottom as we know people will keep tripping on it!

Is the KiddyGuard as good as people say, or does any one a cheaper alternative?

Aranea Sun 06-Sep-09 20:50:04

It is good, and I don't think there is anything like it on the market. It's absurdly expensive though!

BTW do you know that if you don't have a pressure mounted gate, you don't need to have a bar at the bottom? so you could just have a traditional gate which would be a lot cheaper.

PolkSaladLucie Mon 07-Sep-09 14:07:58

Yes, unfortunately you don't get pressure mounted gates as wide as we need them!!!

Aranea Mon 07-Sep-09 17:00:21

No, what I mean is that you probably don't want a pressure mounted gate because they do have a bar at the bottom.

geordieminx Mon 07-Sep-09 17:02:45

Yes, we got ours to go across from bannister to wall on bathroom as opposed to the top of the stairs so that you have about a metres worth of space at the top of the stairs to open/close gate.

Def worth it IMO.

thisisyesterday Mon 07-Sep-09 19:05:13

my kiddiguard annoys me because you need two hands to open/close it.

lots of the ones that are screwed to the wall won't have a bottom bar and can be adjusted fairly wide

geordieminx Mon 07-Sep-09 19:16:42

I have perfected 1 hand and a kick grin

FeatheredHeart Mon 07-Sep-09 21:44:44

I love ours but I investigated loads and we had no choice because of fit. Expensive though. We have 3 on a tall very awkward to fit staircase and still had to get a posts fitted on each level to put them in. But my stress levels plummeted as soon as they were fitted.

The no trip bar and tidyaway look is a huge bonus though and even if we lived in an easy to fit house I would still have them now.

I can manage one handed but no one else can and it took a long time.

If anyone wants to sneak away without your baby waking up don't try to carry anything at the same time as opening the gate. It will make a loud clicking noise so you need two hands to open it without clicking.

PolkSaladLucie Tue 08-Sep-09 10:40:51

Thanks.

It'll be douwnstairs in between sitting room and kitchen, so shouldn't be an issue noise-wise.

I think we'll go with it, as she has discovered that the kitchen is much more fun than the sitting room (she seems obsessed with the washing machine and dishwasher)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now