Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

mattress protection for bed wetting? which is best

(5 Posts)
strawberrypies Tue 01-Sep-09 09:54:35

Hi there

I have a 5 year old and 3 year old in bunks and just bought new mattresses..DS1 is 5 and in the top bunk and we are thinking ahead to taking the nappies off..

I am just not sure what the best way to protect the mattress is and how to minimise hassle in the night for the inevitable accident and bed change (especially top bunk!)

I have seen different mattress protectors ie quilted with waterproofing in, terry towelling and plain old PVC crinkly stuff.The first two seem to be fitted like sheets under the main sheet. My mum said she used a draw sheet too which caught the worst of it..

Should I have spares in the cupboard for the nights it happens( ie one extra protector in the cupboard) or do you think you can get away with less...the cost seems to be mounting and I just don't know the best way forward...any tips gratefully received! Thanks

usnkidz Tue 01-Sep-09 21:07:36

i have 2 dd 7 and 3 in bunks. i have spare mattress protectors so can do a quick change overnight. But dd1 age 7 in top bunk she doesnt wet bed. I use terry waterproof protector.

bellavita Tue 01-Sep-09 21:10:46

I use a mattress protector on all beds but on DS2's (9), I also use a pampers bed mat which do stop the wet getting onto the mattress.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Sep-09 21:14:18

M&S do them and at the minute they are 30% off so a single bed is about £15 to cover with a quilted waterproof one.

The white company do very good mattress pads which you can swap out easily - providing your child does not poop in the furthest corner of the bed (which of course mine do!)

strawberrypies Thu 03-Sep-09 10:34:46

thanks everyone for the tips...will look into those options!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now