Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Kids' LEAKPROOF water bottle?

(10 Posts)
franch Sun 23-Aug-09 10:59:23

DD1's school provide the sports-cap type but they're not allowed to keep them in their book bags as they leak all over the place. They're allowed to provide their own so I need to get one that definitely does not leak. What type should I look for?

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 11:37:00

OK, sorted - Sigg seems to be the thing - found DD1 a Hello Kitty one online so she's happy

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sun 23-Aug-09 11:38:48

I was going to suggest a Sigg, but you found that anyway. grin I still don't let DS keep his in a book bag because he doesn't always fully twist the cap shut after drinking, but that's not the fault of the bottle.

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 14:54:29

Thanks bran. How does the cap work then?

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sun 23-Aug-09 15:21:46

The one that DS has is a twist one, I think they also do the type that you pull up to open and push back down to close.

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 15:28:26

They are good re not leaking. Ds has battered his a bit so the silver below is showing through - should have just got him a silver one to begin with. Also ds lost his Sigg lid which just clips on, but they do another which has a plastic loop which goes over the top of the bottle and then the screw drinking cap goes on top, so much more secure. Will try and find a link as I haven't explained it very well!

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 15:35:32

Like this so the lid can't get lost.

grin Sun 23-Aug-09 15:40:05

How funny was going to post a simliar. Anyone got any ideas for non-leaking toddler friendly sports type/straw cup for taking out on strolls etc? Have been caught out too many times. Not heard of Sigg, will have a look... thanks all.

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 19:56:21

Thanks all.

The one Heated linked to is toddler-friendly, grin.

I got this Hello Kitty one for DD1 - still don't quite understand about the top (hope there's nothing that actually comes off and can be lost?) - but will find out soon enough I guess!

grin Mon 24-Aug-09 14:13:02

Thanks franch, and heated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: