Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Kids' LEAKPROOF water bottle?

(10 Posts)
franch Sun 23-Aug-09 10:59:23

DD1's school provide the sports-cap type but they're not allowed to keep them in their book bags as they leak all over the place. They're allowed to provide their own so I need to get one that definitely does not leak. What type should I look for?

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 11:37:00

OK, sorted - Sigg seems to be the thing - found DD1 a Hello Kitty one online so she's happy

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sun 23-Aug-09 11:38:48

I was going to suggest a Sigg, but you found that anyway. grin I still don't let DS keep his in a book bag because he doesn't always fully twist the cap shut after drinking, but that's not the fault of the bottle.

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 14:54:29

Thanks bran. How does the cap work then?

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sun 23-Aug-09 15:21:46

The one that DS has is a twist one, I think they also do the type that you pull up to open and push back down to close.

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 15:28:26

They are good re not leaking. Ds has battered his a bit so the silver below is showing through - should have just got him a silver one to begin with. Also ds lost his Sigg lid which just clips on, but they do another which has a plastic loop which goes over the top of the bottle and then the screw drinking cap goes on top, so much more secure. Will try and find a link as I haven't explained it very well!

Heated Sun 23-Aug-09 15:35:32

Like this so the lid can't get lost.

grin Sun 23-Aug-09 15:40:05

How funny was going to post a simliar. Anyone got any ideas for non-leaking toddler friendly sports type/straw cup for taking out on strolls etc? Have been caught out too many times. Not heard of Sigg, will have a look... thanks all.

franch Sun 23-Aug-09 19:56:21

Thanks all.

The one Heated linked to is toddler-friendly, grin.

I got this Hello Kitty one for DD1 - still don't quite understand about the top (hope there's nothing that actually comes off and can be lost?) - but will find out soon enough I guess!

grin Mon 24-Aug-09 14:13:02

Thanks franch, and heated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now