Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Best digital camera for photographing children?

(8 Posts)
treacletart Thu 20-Aug-09 23:27:08

I really need to upgrade my camera. I'm fed up of blurry shots of what happened 2 seconds after i clicked. I'd like one that can cope with low light and my fast, unhelpful children. Any recommendations?

treacletart Fri 21-Aug-09 12:59:21

anyone?

Sheeta Fri 21-Aug-09 13:06:23

I have a Canon Ixus 850 - very quick click on it, I love it. My sister has the 950, also highly recommended.

here's a review

You can also take lots of shots very quickly, almost never miss DS when I'm snapping pictures of him.

Sheeta Fri 21-Aug-09 13:10:22

very lengthy review here as well.

Sazisi Fri 21-Aug-09 13:13:07

Get a Lumix.

Or if you are really into photography, a Canon 450D

Northerngirldownsouth Fri 21-Aug-09 13:13:14

I've got a Nikon D40x. It is brilliant but not cheap(£400) and not small. I got it for exactly the reason you mention - I was always missing the moment.

Basically its not easy to get a camera which has a quick exposure and is compact so as long as you don't mind not being able to stick it in your pocket you should be able to get a much better result.

I found Jessops staff incredibly knowledgable and helpful by the way, no hard sell at all.

The difference in the quality of my photos is amazing, I feel a bit sad when I look back at the pics of the first year of ds1's life - they're all blurry and badly lit.

treacletart Fri 21-Aug-09 19:43:55

hmmmm looks like i've got some saving up to do....

EllyBell Wed 26-Aug-09 11:14:07

We bought a Nikon D40. Soooo much better than the old compact digital we had. These are now discontinued but you may be able to pick one up from ebay or photography forums for between £200 and £250. Lenses are important and for taking photos of children you should look to get a autofocus 50mm 1.4f if you can afford it, or a more economical 1.8f. Brilliant colours and speed works well in low light conditions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now