Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

what's a good nursing chair please?

(7 Posts)
MummyElk Tue 18-Aug-09 19:01:20

Really sorry if this is an old tired subject but i'm fed up of the wicker chair we've been using for DD creaking all the bloody time!
So with no2 on the way i thought perhaps it might be time to invest in one of those nice rocky, glidy things I should have bought first time round....
Suggestions please? There are some well expensive ones out there - do I really need to dig that deep? shock

lynniep Tue 18-Aug-09 19:10:27

Honestly have never tried them so I can't say whether its worth forking out loads for 'better' ones - we got the cheapest one at the time (think it was about £90 - its a babylo) and its lovely. Have to say though its too big to go anywhere downstairs so I never used it for bf'ing (fed DS in bed). I use it for reading bedtime stories with DS on my knee!

dal21 Wed 19-Aug-09 07:59:36

I bought a duatalier - cannot remember the model but was slightly wider and both rocks and reclines! Was a godsend and lived in it when bfeeding DS. Still gets used tons for story time etc.

MrsBadger Wed 19-Aug-09 08:40:39

measure floorspace carefully first - those gliders are sodding enormous

I could have had one of those or a cot, not both...

Umlellala Wed 19-Aug-09 08:43:16

I used the bed/sofa. Ds was so long, so quickly, I have to kind of cuddle him up to feed him on a chair!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 19-Aug-09 08:43:28

my paarents bought us this it was fabulous, as it reclines I often slept in it in DS's room as we had the foot stool as well.

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 19-Aug-09 08:48:17

I looked at loads of nursing chairs and eventually decided against a "proper" one and bought a Po'ang chair and footstool from Ikea.

Its been really comfortable, very practical (wipe clean leather for all those milk spurts !), doesn't take up massive amounts of space and can be used again elsewhere once its not needed anymore.

We're about to move it from dd's room to use for the next dc and I'm really sad. Me and dd have had some lovely feeding/story/cuddle times on that chair sad <<pg hormones alert>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now