Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

amber teething necklaces................do they work?!

(6 Posts)
Dozymare Tue 11-Aug-09 15:37:38

My DD is teething something chronic - poorly bottome, lots of pain and teetha just isn't cutting the mustard.......Hae also used bonjela and calpol but don't really like using that. Ashton and Parsons has no effect!

So, as a last resort, do these work?? They are expensive and money is very very tight at the moment so looking for approvals before forking out!

TIA

kitkatqueen Tue 11-Aug-09 15:53:02

MIne had one but wouldn't bite on it. Anbesol worked the best...

BitOfFun Tue 11-Aug-09 15:55:51

I wouldn't use any kind of necklace on a baby tbh, especially not a pricey one. It will pass on its own, honestly, and anbesol is good in the meantime.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 11-Aug-09 16:02:00

I don't see how they could work. The baby isn't even supposed to chew them. Load of expensive mumbo-jumbo if you ask me.

Chuffed Wed 12-Aug-09 09:50:10

I've had cruisy teething this time around compared to the other 2. The heat of the body heats the amber in the necklace and the amber puts the properties into the skin. I've heard personally of adults who used them for wisdom teeth pain and they worked really well.
Doesn't take too long to spend 11pounds on ashton and parsons and pain relief if the teething necklace works.
If you get one get it with individually knotted beads.

Dozymare Wed 12-Aug-09 11:12:35

Thanks everyone - expecially chuffed as I didn't even know how they worked!!! Have tried Anbesol as well, my poor DD is really, really suffering, both DS2's were ok, nothing a bit of usual remedy couldn't solve...poor old DD is far, far worse!!

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy as not keen on ebay............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now