Talk

Advanced search

The CasaFekko Breadmaker... is no more...☹️

(25 Posts)
LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 07:49:45

So it finally gave up the ghost.

Tell me about your nice machines... (only for making bread - not cakes and jam and all that good stuff)!

Zeldasmagicwand Tue 15-Oct-19 07:53:28

RIP dough doo da. I've got a Russell Hobbs sat in the garage....
I just make soda bread now as it's so much quicker. You can be eating it in just over an hour from getting your ingredients sorted and you use ordinary flour not bread flour.
My dried yeast has gone well past it's sell by date as I don't use it. blush

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 07:57:34

My old one was a Russell Hobbs which was ok I think (it was my first one as I got fed up hand along several tones a week!)

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 07:58:21

Mmmmm soda bread. I also love milk bread (haven’t made that in years!).

SoupDragon Tue 15-Oct-19 08:03:18

Mine is a very old Panasonic. I think it's at least 17 years old (second hand from my parents!). It's still going strong (did buy it a new pan and paddle recently though)

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 08:06:32

Cool - sadly I find white goods just don’t last like they used to! My old washing machine conked out in half the time of the previous one!

drspouse Tue 15-Oct-19 08:07:50

We recently got a new whizzy Panasonic. DH likes it and I eat the bread.

AngusThermopyle Tue 15-Oct-19 08:14:23

I have a panasonic sd 2501 and we cannot stop making delicious bread and eating it!
The 2hr quick loaf option is both a godsend and disaster as it's like having a fresh loaf on tap. Lol.

Nuttyaboutnutella Tue 15-Oct-19 08:20:36

We've just ordered a new Russell Hobbs compact one as our previous Morphy Richards one conked out on me last week. The bastard! I've had to eat supermarket bread this week shock grin I've missed my glorious fresh, moreish, indulgent, buttery, beautiful fresh bread, especially with soup. I've also bought a bread maker recipe book which I can't wait to start experimenting with.

AgnesNaismith Tue 15-Oct-19 08:28:46

I got a snazzy Panasonic bread maker a few months ago, much like drspouse’s whizzy one!

I make brioche, milk bread, whole meal bread, white bread, fruit bread, malt bread and will make panettone at Christmas. It has one of those sections in the top that drops stuff in mid way through cooking so I can go out and leave it to do all the work by itself. I am no baker at all and it’s been a dream, massively recommend A5****++++

CampingItUp Tue 15-Oct-19 08:29:00

My Panasonic is going strong after 12 years.
I love everything about it.

AnneKipanki Tue 15-Oct-19 08:31:41

This is making me hungry.
I do not have one .

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 08:44:14

Looking at the Panasonic - is the 2501 worth extra for the seed dispensed (I cant eat rye anyway and a review says that the 01 can make this)? How big is it? The space I have is underneath a shelf!

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 08:44:59

will make panettone Wait what? Sold!

AgnesNaismith Tue 15-Oct-19 09:10:18

will make panettone Wait what? Sold!

Yes 😁 put the ingredients in and it does it all!! Can’t set any recipe with milk and/or eggs to be ready for the morning though, it has to be done the same day.

I have the SD-2502 with dispenser (dispenser essential imo) it is quite big though. I’d say the size of a kitchenaid.

drspouse Tue 15-Oct-19 09:31:32

I didn't think the dispenser was worth it but DH makes excellent raisin bread with it.

SoupDragon Tue 15-Oct-19 12:16:14

I like the dispenser for raisin bread and hot cross buns. You can do it by throwing the raisins/nuts/whatever in at the right time but the dispense means you don't have to remember. I also usually put seeds in bread.

I would have to go make a loaf now but I want to make hot cross buns and have them on the oven when DD gets home fro school!

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 14:34:34

Mmmm. I have made bread with raisins - I just threw them in at the beginning.

NOTE: don't use goji berries envy (not envy).

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 15:01:22

How big a loaf will it make? It's a bit smaller than my current machine (1.5 or 2 size loafs).

drspouse Tue 15-Oct-19 15:02:48

The one we have does 400, 500 or 600g flour. The 600g one looks silly though.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 15:03:42

Like a very tall loaf - that certain people cut sideways?

SoupDragon Tue 15-Oct-19 15:14:59

I never make the large loaf because it looks ridiculous. I only ever make the small size (400g flour) which seems to be in proportion!

ChanChanChan Tue 15-Oct-19 15:23:57

We have a very old Panasonic bread maker, maybe getting on 20 yrs. Still use it, not as much as in the beginning, but prob once a week at least

No raisin dispenser, just add those when the beeps come on. Lovely bread 99% of the time.

What's this panettone recipe?! Care to share and ruin my diet please?

AngusThermopyle Tue 15-Oct-19 16:24:35

I find i have to cut the large in half to make one slice go in two slots of the toaster.
I LOVE the seed dispenser option!
Yes as pp said it is the same size as Kitchen aid, or 8L instant pot, mine stand next to each other and all look about same size.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Tue 15-Oct-19 16:28:16

I'm tempted....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »