Talk

Advanced search

Best Mattress to buy??

(5 Posts)
TomZ Sat 31-Aug-19 20:23:55

Hi,

I'm looking for a hybrid (or foam like emma) double matress. I've looked at the emma mattress and simba hybrid mattress. Could anyone please tell me if they are good and also if they know of any good ones at a good price?

VictoriaBun Sun 01-Sep-19 10:12:46

I don't have one of those but have heard good things about the Otty mattress.
We currently have a memory foam one and are thinking of getting a new mattress . However this time we will get a pocket sprung one as the find the others too heavy when changing the sheet. Look at the weight of some of them, they can weigh 5 stone for a double.

TR888 Sun 01-Sep-19 10:22:10

I've recently bought an Eve mattress. It's very comfortable and lovely but... It makes me sweat. This is a common issue with memory foam mattress, so you should carefully think about it before buying one. Eventually I bought a wool mattress protector and it's almost stopped the sweating, thankfully.

We were considering buying the Premier Inn mattress, which is made of natural fibres and only a bit more expensive than the memory foam mattresses you're looking at. To be honest, I regret not buying it. Maybe have a look at it?

Brianna83 Sun 29-Sep-19 18:40:01

I have a simba and really love it but I think mattress choice is such a subjective thing... I tried one in JL before buying and pretty sure it had 100 night no quibble return thing too.

Shmithecat2 Sun 29-Sep-19 18:41:52

I have an Emma one. It's great. Didn't smell horrid, comfortable enough, sorted my shoulder pain out (I'm a side sleeper), not sweaty at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »