Talk

Advanced search

Best tumble dryer

(10 Posts)
Bixter Mon 24-Jun-19 18:43:13

I'm looking for recommendations for a Tumble dryer that actually dries. The Hotpoint one I've got is hopeless! Tks

BeautifulBlackBamboo Mon 24-Jun-19 20:26:50

Bosch - on my second, lasts years

peppaminttea Mon 24-Jun-19 21:27:08

Bosch. Just changed from Hotpoint to Bosch and I'm amazed by the difference.

Bixter Mon 24-Jun-19 21:54:10

Interesting you both say Bosch, which models and vented or condensing?

BeautifulBlackBamboo Tue 25-Jun-19 16:26:24

I have a condenser one which comes with a tray but also has a pipe which can be plumbed in to drain. It's also got a heat pump to keep costs low though it does make the cycle time longer. I'll look up the model number for you.

Bixter Wed 26-Jun-19 06:14:15

Thank you

Saucery Wed 26-Jun-19 06:17:10

White Knight. Not sleek, not glamorous, but will dry clothes efficiently.

peppaminttea Wed 26-Jun-19 07:17:52

We have a Bosch condensor with a heat pump. It was more expensive BUT there are some good deals to be had - we got ao.com to pricematch plus Bosch are giving cashback for certain models at the moment, and the model we bought has a 5 year warranty. Average running costs are supposed to be about £40 cheaper than a conventional condensor ( due to heat pump/energy rating) so in the long run should work out more cost effective.

Skandiminsk Sun 21-Jul-19 13:33:49

I had a hot point condenser & it lasted about 7yrs. Now I have a LG Eco Dry 8kg condenser. I haven't had any problems with it. You can choose from 'cupboard dry', 'very dry' or 'extra dry' & there's loads more options! I've had this so far about 5yrs. Model RC8055AH2Z

Pasithea Sun 21-Jul-19 13:35:13

White Knight look on website got my condensing one for 99 quid. Best drier I have ever had.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »