Talk

Advanced search

Your baby bouncer/rocker/swing recommendations please

(40 Posts)
TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Jun-19 15:23:16

We're making plans to re-test baby bouncers/rockers/swings for our reviews section and we'd love to know which ones you'd recommend.

If you've used and loved a baby bouncer in the past few years, post the make and model on this thread. We'll use your suggestions to put together a shortlist of products to test out and recommend to parents.

Also, if you have any tips on what to look out for when choosing a baby bouncer/rocker/swing please share them on this thread. We'll include these comments in our buyer's guide

Thanks!

flowers

sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 24-Jun-19 18:23:52

the babocush with the swing attachment is great

SospanFrangipan Mon 24-Jun-19 18:45:27

We had the Joie & mothercare swing. It was a god send!

IronyFreeAnnie Tue 25-Jun-19 09:59:02

The joie serina 2 in 1 swing and rocker. Will be gutted when the baby outgrows it

nomushrooms Tue 25-Jun-19 11:03:53

Mamaroo saved our lives!

JudgeRulesNutterButter Tue 25-Jun-19 11:12:51

The cheapest most basic £15 (when we bought it) mothercare bouncer. Both mine loved it, slept in it, sat happily in it- it’s definitely possible to overthink these things grin

PepsiLola Tue 25-Jun-19 11:38:26

I had a mamas and papas swing, it was around £100. It had a hood with twinkle lights in.

My DS loved it

Russell19 Tue 25-Jun-19 11:38:48

Mamaroo is amazing!!

GlamGiraffe Tue 25-Jun-19 11:47:51

Fisher price rainforest take along swing and seat.. baby loved is swing moment and the fact it had different sports of movement. Also good as quite an upright seat compared to others so better for reflux

Wavingwhiledrowning Tue 25-Jun-19 11:50:47

We couldn't have lived without the Tiny Love Rocker Napper. Amazing! A great seat, mobile and rocker, and easily converts into a flat, safe space for daytime naps. Also great with other children around because it's so sturdy, so no danger of getting knocked over or fallen on.

thisisreallyfunny Tue 25-Jun-19 11:57:06

Baby bjorn bouncer. Excellent. No gimmicks, gadgets - just bounce.

littlepooch Tue 25-Jun-19 11:58:48

Baby Bjorn bouncer. I had it for my youngest and it was fab. It's expensive but I picked mine up on Facebook marketplace.

My 2 elder kids loved the fisher price rainforest bouncer too with the sounds and lights but I preferred the baby Bjorn as it was easier to transport as it flattens down and easier to wash.

All of mine have loved a bouncer and it's been a must buy for us.

MrsReader Tue 25-Jun-19 12:14:29

Mothercare's Teddy's Toy Box bouncer. Its gorgeous and soft, vibrates, plays music and white noise. My little girl loves it. I put her in it in the bathroom while I shower.

Jfw82 Tue 25-Jun-19 12:52:59

Ingenuity convert me swing 2 seat. Both a swing or can be locked and vibrate instead. Has been loved by both my little ones

Tini17 Tue 25-Jun-19 13:56:43

Another vote for Mamaroo, lifesaver!

Sweetpotatoaddict Tue 25-Jun-19 14:00:22

baby Bjorn bouncer both kids loved it. Washed up well, no tacky bit and easy to transport. Excellent 2nd hand resale value too.

MindyStClaire Tue 25-Jun-19 14:14:47

Baby bjorn. At one point I thought we'd be bringing it to DD's 21st.

Beebeezed Tue 25-Jun-19 15:31:37

Following

dannydyerismydad Tue 25-Jun-19 15:57:36

The cheap mothercare one that resembles a pillowcase shoved over a coat hanger. It was the only one he tolerated and an absolute bargain.

detachablehoof Tue 25-Jun-19 16:00:55

Another vote for baby bjorn! Seems ridiculously expensive until you realise just how useful it is!

HJWT Tue 25-Jun-19 16:09:04

The Joie Sansa 2 IN 1

NavyBerry Tue 25-Jun-19 16:24:37

Just wanted to say that Baby Bjorn didn't work for us. The baby didn't bounce although it was good for rocking

beyoncessweatband Tue 25-Jun-19 16:44:56

Baby bjorn. Babies don't bounce in it until they develop their ability to move limbs at will. Mine don't really Bounce until 3-4 months. Then bouncing didn't stop. I love it for its lightweight, portable, ergonomic and washability qualities. It's a bit pricey but worth the money

HopelessLayout Tue 25-Jun-19 17:09:57

The Jolly Jumper—a classic.

cardboard33 Tue 25-Jun-19 17:25:28

Chicco Hoopla (I think) -- we got it on a whim in a charity shop hence not knowing the exact name. My 16 week baby has been in it multiple times a day since 2 weeks and would be in it 24/7 if we let him. I think he likes it as it's upright and padded (more so than Baby Bjorn etc) with a newborn insert which as he had reflux was a godsend in the early days when he refused to sleep lying down. Most of our friends are still struggling to put their baby down yet he's the only baby we know who loves some chair action wherever we go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »