Talk

Advanced search

Travel Changing Mat - As a baby shower gift?

(4 Posts)
Ernestcjk Tue 28-May-19 15:26:02

Hi all,

I have a really good friend who is expecting soon (very soon) and I have been invited to her baby shower. At first I was delighted to come but I just found out from my wife that I have to get something (Sorry! I really am clueless!)confused. And I was looking on Amazon.co.uk for ideas.

My friend really enjoys travelling and mentioned before that she would love to do it with her baby (I felt that it was a bad idea...). But anyhow, I was thinking that she might need a travel size changing mat as I can imagine that the cleanliness of the toilets with baby changing facilities are questionable at times.

I was hoping to get some advice about:

1) Whether this is a good idea and do new parents actually use them?

2) Any recommendations? I saw these 2 on amazon and kinda liked the idea of the 2nd one as you could access baby wipes from the front.

- www.amazon.co.uk/Idepet-Portable-Changing-Waterproof-Foldable/dp/B0796SD76L/ref=sr_1_5?s=gateway&crid=2YBEE11ARJMFN&keywords=portable+changing+mat&sprefix=portable+changi%2Caps%2C136&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1559052723&sr=8-5

- www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Portable-Changing-Foldable-Diaper/dp/B07R96QR38/ref=sr_1_167?s=gateway&crid=1TA68WO647O3O&keywords=portable%2Bchanging%2Bmat&sprefix=portable%2Bcha%2Caps%2C271&th=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1559052807&sr=8-167

Would love to hear back from all you lovely folks out there. Thank you so much! smile

homemadegin Tue 28-May-19 15:34:26

Hello

Good thinking on the travel part, although I would say most changing bags come with travel changing mats as standard.

Travel mattress may be an option?

Changing rucksack?

Or thinking ahead a little, travel bowls and spoons with waterproof bibs.

One friend got me a toiletry bag with mini travel versions of essentials. So thermometer, bath thermometer, baby shampoo, first aid kit, sun cream, teething gel, sudo cream, etc.

Or another favourite is a star wrap. Doubles as a blanket or snow suit and super cosy and portable.

Hope that helps a little.

AutumnGlitterBall Tue 28-May-19 15:45:30

My changing bag came with the pram but it had nothing in it so I had a wee cheap travel mat from somewhere like B&M and I used it more than I thought I would. Handy when the baby change facility was in use (so many are in with the disabled loos) and I didn’t want to wait so I could just lie him down in the floor in the ladies or when DH was out with him and the only baby change was in the ladies.

AGnu Tue 28-May-19 15:59:29

I've got one of these & I love it. I've never had a specific changing bag, just shove it in a rucksack.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »