Talk

Advanced search

Baby bath or bath support

(6 Posts)
Firesidetreats1 Tue 16-Apr-19 18:38:27

Currently looking at baby baths or bath supports. I’ve been thinking a bath support for a while but now I’m not sure if this is the best option. The baby bath I have seen is the shnuggle one. The only thing putting me off a bath support is someone mentioned filling up the bath and wasting water. Where the baby bath you just fill the bottom and it’s easy to manoeuvre. Any opinions?

Sexnotgender Tue 16-Apr-19 18:43:37

I had a traditional baby bath given to me and it was great. He just outgrew it (10weeks) and I got a shnuggle second hand on Facebook. The shnuggle is GREAT.

However I’ve read reviews about them not being great for very newborn babies and now that I own one I can see why people would say that.

My advice would be get a traditional lay flat bath for the first 8 weeks or so until baby can hold its own head up then get a shnuggle.

And definitely use Facebook marketplace. My shnuggle was £7.

KoraBora Tue 16-Apr-19 18:45:15

We had a shnuggle and it was worth every penny. Less water to use and no leaning over the bath with a tiny baby. Because of the support in it you have both hands free to play and interact from an early age. It was one of the few things I would use with another baby.

MustardScreams Tue 16-Apr-19 18:45:47

I had the Angelcare bath support and it was honestly great. Lasted dd till she was 1 and could reliably sit up without falling over. A godsend for hair washing also - she still sits in it at 2 so I can wash her hair! You don’t need to fill the bath up a huge amount as it’s quite low, so not much water wastage.

99calmbeforethestorm Tue 16-Apr-19 18:46:22

I had an EMCS and there was no way I would have managed to bath DD in the normal bath at first.

Join a Facebook parents selling page and buy one from there, ask if anyone has one, and then sell it back the same way and you won’t lose any money.

Annietheacrobat Tue 16-Apr-19 22:45:44

Recommend the angelcare support too. Soft and very supportive. The bit that sits between their legs comes up quite high which means they are very secure. Like a PP my daughter was in hers til about 8 months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »