Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Parents of primary school children, please answer this anonymous survey!

(17 Posts)
b4001077 Tue 07-Nov-17 17:28:04

Hello! I am currently a student at Sheffield Hallam University studying BA (Hons) Marketing. For one of my final assignments I have been tasked with creating a new product.

The product I have designed is an intelligent water bottle to be used by primary school children. This bottle tracks water intake and displays progression inside the bottle using coloured lights. Each colour represents a level in water consumption:

Red = 0-50% water consumed,
Red and Yellow = 51-75% water consumed
Red, Yellow and Green = 76% - 100% water consumed,
Red, Yellow, Green and Purple = 100+% water consumed.

The bottle also reminds the user to drink frequently by pulsing all the coloured lights in the bottle at regular intervals to attract attention.

If you have a child in primary school, I would really appreciate it if you take a couple of minutes to complete my survey. All responses are completely anonymous and the results of this survey will only be used until May 2018 for academic purposes.

Thank you in advance for your time!

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6HPVZMM

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 07-Nov-17 17:32:43

You need to make your survey a clicky link but until then can I just say I think teachers will hate it. Far too distracting in a classroom setting.

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 07-Nov-17 17:45:30

Done!

But I ticked the 'no' box to buying one.

Children should be focussing on learning in the classroom.

It's also difficult to gauge if they've drank enough even with those bottles. Because presumably you're not expecting a 4 yr old to carry around 1litre of water per day?

If the bottle only holds 500ml then even if the light is green/purple, they've not drank their quota for the day?

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Tue 07-Nov-17 17:49:49

Not for the classroom, it's hard enough to hold kids attention without a tray of flashing bottles in the corner.

Saucery Tue 07-Nov-17 17:50:36

“Miss...miss! My bottle just flashed! MISS, MY BOTTLE NEEDS ME TO HAVE A DRIIINNNKKK!”

<shudder>
Just no.

PurpleDaisies Tue 07-Nov-17 17:51:23

I teach primary. They’d be banned within approximately five minutes of the first one flashing.

BikeRunSki Tue 07-Nov-17 17:54:41

The percentage markers are misleading. 100% of the bottle is not 100% of any/everyone ‘s daily water requirements, which will depend on activity, weather etc.

AfunaMbatata Tue 07-Nov-17 17:55:51

I wouldn’t buy one, DD would be pissing around trying to make it flash all day .

whyareusernamessodifficult Tue 07-Nov-17 18:00:11

Too distracting.
Plus a clear bottle, or one with a clear strip, with a 0-100 scale printed on the side would do pretty much the same thing.

RoseAndRose Tue 07-Nov-17 18:06:46

Inappropriate for a classroom, and constant sipping of water has been totally debunked from a scientific pov.

Farahilda Tue 07-Nov-17 18:09:45

Clicky link

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6HPVZMM

But this isn't a product I would have the slightest interest in.

ASDismynormality Tue 07-Nov-17 18:13:00

I wouldn't buy it far too distracting and probably wouldn't be able to put in dishwasher.

5BlueHydrangea Tue 07-Nov-17 18:39:55

But does it leak?? Most bottles do...

Cockmagic Tue 07-Nov-17 18:43:51

Agree with others it would be a nightmare!

Far too distracting and not very nice for children whose parent can't afford one.

Also some children really can't drink water all day long, mine would be on the toilet constantly.

Nothingrhymeswithfamily Tue 07-Nov-17 18:44:44

Actually what we need is dishwasher safe, no silly chewable straw and doesn't leak.
I have a water refuser so can see positives but I can't see it being a good school idea. Maybe for adults?

delilahbucket Tue 07-Nov-17 21:56:40

No good for my child as water bottles get refilled after lunch time so I wouldn't know how much he has drunk anymore than just looking at the bottle and ml markers on it.

b4001077 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:13:12

Thank you all for completing this survey and providing feedback. I really appreciate and it's a great help. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now