Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Ordering prescription glasses online.

(6 Posts)
Fadingmemory Thu 19-Oct-17 19:33:55

My specs are varifocals. Has anyone had success in ordering them online? If so, which company did you use?

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 19-Oct-17 19:36:47

I used glasses direct for varifocals.
I was very happy with them.
You need an extra measurement called Pupillary distance or something which doesn't always appear on standard optician prescription

pinkbraces Thu 19-Oct-17 19:38:00

I have used glasses direct for about 3 years, both normal specs and prescription sunglasses. I cant fault them, service is great. I have had to send back a couple of times because I didnt like them and its just been very easy.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 19-Oct-17 19:38:19

I subsequently had laser correction to mimic varifocals but you still need corrective glasses for night driving. GD reglazed my varifocals to new prescription

Fadingmemory Fri 20-Oct-17 18:01:35

Thank you all! Very helpful.

Abijam Tue 05-Dec-17 21:33:50

I wouldn't order the prescription glasses online, because you are not able to try them at purchase and if there is anything you'd like to get it fixed, you are unable to get it done, plus considering all the time it takes to go back and forth its worth having one from the local store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now