Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Fetal doppler - best one?

(7 Posts)
Danielledutton1987 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:08:01

Hi I'm new to this site so hi! I'm looking for some info on fetal dopplers, I really want to order one but I'm not sure where to start or which one is best. Can anyone advise me on which ones are good and can hear the heartbeat quite early? I'm 10 weeks at the moment but by the time its ordered and received I will be 12. Thanks in advance x

user1483387154 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:16:27

A lot of people will advise against getting one.

I have the angelsounds doppler which I love. I started using it at 14 weeks and got so much joy from listening to the heart beat. (use youtube videos to help you understand which sounds you are listening for).
As long as you are not using it as a judgement tool for your babies health, but as a nice chance to listen to your babies heartbeat I do not think that they are dangerous.

TheyDoItOnPurposeLynne Thu 27-Apr-17 09:20:49

Please don't. Honestly, they can give you false reassurance if you aren't trained and experienced in these things.
You can't tell that your baby is ok just by hearing the heartbeat (if it definitely is the fetal heartbeat, not yours). If you found someone collapsed in the street, would you assume they must be healthy just because they had a heartbeat?
I understand how anxiety making pregnancy can be but having one of these could actually make that 100 times worse if you don't really know what you're listening for.

LittleBearPad Thu 27-Apr-17 09:22:04

Don't bother. They are a waste of money and can make you think things are fine when they aren't and vice versa.

FurryElephant Thu 27-Apr-17 09:27:02

I'm sure you know they aren't advised as we all do but we get one anyway (I did) grin I had the Sonoline B from eBay, had no problems with it at all! I just liked getting home from work and being able to find the little heartbeat smileif you were anywhere near me you could have it as it's now sitting in my wardrobe grin

anotherBadAvatar Thu 27-Apr-17 09:31:40

Please please please don't get one.

While it might be "nice" to hear your baby's heartbeat, It can give false reassurance.

Danielledutton1987 Thu 27-Apr-17 10:26:48

FurryElephant if you arent going to use it again I'd be happy to buy it off you and pay postage if you dont need it? Let me know xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now