Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Playpen advice

(6 Posts)
Mumtobe12 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:31:12

I'm looking into getting a playpen and was hoping for some advice on what's the best kind to get?
Baby due in June so know they won't we using for a little while but like to be prepared and my grandma offering to get it for us as a baby gift.
Thanks in advance

imsorryiasked Fri 21-Apr-17 18:55:20

We had a Babydan Babyden and a configure gate and used them to make our non - child proof living room into one big play pen. We had a gate on each side so could walk through easily. No need to use the round padded mat - blanket or playmat does just as well.
They aren't cheap but lots around second hand.

kingscrossnoodle Fri 21-Apr-17 18:58:01

My advice would be don't let her waste her money on something you may not even need.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 21-Apr-17 19:01:29

The kind with bases have a weight limit, and often no gate which is a right old pain. I'd ask for an amazon or John Lewis voucher instead as until you know what sort of child you have you won't know what (if any) sort of playpen would be most useful.

armsandtheman Fri 21-Apr-17 19:56:03

I used a travel cot when I needed to keep dad safe for a few minutes and then could also take it away with us. Worked fine as she didn't spend long in it but I wanted her contained when I was carrying full hot pans etc. Probably best to see how much use you'll get out of it before investing.

Northgate Fri 21-Apr-17 20:09:49

We have a Lindam playpen.

But I agree with pp that it might be best to hold off on buying one for now.

DC1 - we used safety gates in doors to enclose the living room and babyproofed the living room pretty well, so DC1 could stay in there while e.g. I cooked dinner (can see into living room from kitchen). We had the playpen then, but it only got used once or twice. Really we didn't need the playpen at all with DC1.

DC2 - playpen used as a safe place to put DC2 if I had to leave him alone in the living room with DC1 for a few mins e.g. while cooking dinner (smallish age gap and DC1 was a hyper toddler who didn't tend to look where he was going).

DC3 - again, playpen used as a safe place to leave a baby where I don't have to worry about older siblings accidentally trampling him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now