Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Taking a moment today to reflect on life...

(1 Post)
thetwocultures Mon 10-Apr-17 14:46:57

Last night I got a phone call from my DM who told me her friend had suddenly passed in the morning...
She was a smiley joyful bubbly and fun 30yo with a beautiful 4yo DD and a lovely DH. She had no health issues as far as everyone is aware.

It doesn't feel real and even though I wasn't particularly close to her I've known her for years and it has shook me and upset me very much. She was so young...
I feel so sad for her family and her little DD and passed my condolences on.

I've taken a moment today to reflect on life and the fragility of it. I'm finding it hard to comprehend how you can be here one minute and gone the next for no apparent reason.
I have also thought about how grateful I am for my DS and DP and how much I love them. And how I want to improve and become better at certain things in my life and do things I've always wanted to do rather than just talking about them all the time. I want to appreciate things more.
I want to be able to look at the bigger picture and stop fixating on the little things if they go wrong.
I want to spend more time with my little DS and enjoy him as much as I can.
I want to make more time for me and DP so we can enjoy each just other's company more often.

I'm still sat here quite solemn, I don't have anyone to talk to today so I just came to vent my thoughts on here I guess...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now