Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Which steriliser?

(7 Posts)
beansbananas Fri 31-Mar-17 11:29:04

Hi I'm really confused about which steriliser to get! I have been told to try and get one which will clean 8 bottles at a time, and fits other bottle brands. I'm looking at dr brown and avent bottles as i hear they are better for minimising wind. I'm also going to try and use the medala breast pump. However the matching steriliser reviews I've read aren't all that great! Please can you share your experiences and recommendations?

marshhmallowsandcream Fri 31-Mar-17 11:32:54

Tommee tippee electric steamer steriliser always worked great for me.
It has spaces marked out on the trays for their own bottles, teats and lids but I think any could be put in there depending on the height of the bottle.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 31-Mar-17 11:34:25

I use NUK bottles so different to yours, but I did 8 easily in my Milton cold water steriliser smile

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 31-Mar-17 11:34:36

*fit, not did!

mycatloveslego Fri 31-Mar-17 11:35:55

I've got an Avent dream steriliser from when I had DS1. It was ok, but not that big. I used a medela breast pump and Tomee Tippee bottles.
TBH I found steam sterilising a hassle, either things were not clean, or they were too hot to use!
I switched to cold water sterilisation with Milton tabs and a bucket with a lid after a few weeks. The solution lasts for 24 hours so all you have to do is wash your bottles/teats then put them in the solution for 15 mins- so much easier!

plimsolls Fri 31-Mar-17 11:37:02

I like Milton cold water steriliser best. It was just so easy and I liked being able to bung stuff in or take things out as and when I needed them.

Really cheap too.

DumbledoresArmy30 Fri 31-Mar-17 13:50:15

I had an electric steamer but it broke. Now I use Milton - so much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now