Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Which Baby Change Unit

(12 Posts)
timadams Thu 16-Mar-17 16:25:08

Hi, my wife and I own a Tea Room and I'm looking to install a baby change unit, I was looking to purchase this: www.washwareessentials.co.uk/washroom-accessories/baby-change?gclid=COLf7eC129ICFYQ4GwodPX4ADg but would rather get an idea of the best unit that people have used instead of just buying what i think is right, any help would be great as I don't have children myself.

Thanks, Tim.

Eminybob Thu 16-Mar-17 16:33:00

To be honest as long as there is a baby change unit it really doesn't matter which one. They all do the same thing.

Advice I would give though is make sure you have one in the gents as well as the ladies.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Thu 16-Mar-17 16:33:05

www.jellybeangroup.co.uk/bybo-design-white-pippi-changing-station-10206.html
This one looks nice and isn't much more expensive, the plasticky ones put me off a bit.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Thu 16-Mar-17 16:33:20

Ooh and yes to one in the gents too!

Thisrabbitthatrabbit Thu 16-Mar-17 17:04:08

The antimicrobial feature of the one listed in the OP is good. The plastic ones don't look great but for a cafe, I'm just pleased there is one and it's clean. Yes to one in the men's too!

In particular, please don't just put one in the disabled. It's really awkward to have to use that and possibly hold someone up who is disabled.

HalfCarrot Thu 16-Mar-17 17:12:17

The plastic one is really common, there must be a reason for that?

Any is fine but yy to putting them in both toilets.

timadams Fri 17-Mar-17 09:04:37

Brilliant, thank you all for your feedback and certainly a good point about having one in each toilet. smile

Thanks again, Tim.

KP86 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:24:55

Koalacare is a good brand. I know of a local cafe that's had one for 8 years and it's still in great condition

timadams Fri 17-Mar-17 09:46:27

Thanks, I'll take a look.

d0ris Fri 17-Mar-17 09:58:27

If space allows, a proper changing table rather than a pull down one would be my preference. My daughter freaks out when she is on one of those that are attached to the wall and pull down, and they are often too small for a toddler. They are often a stupid curved shape and I find them awkward to use.

Even a changing mat on a space by the sink would be fine. Some people are scruffy and leave traces of poo on them, so maybe leave some antibacterial spray and paper towels so people can give them a wipe before/after!

Not in a designated disabled/accessible loo as I feel guilty being in there incase an adult needing the toilet has to wait.

Definitely one accessible to women and men, or one in each loo.

Nothing pisses me off more than sending my husband off to do a change (I am a SAHP so it's a rarity I get to eat lunch out in peace without a trip to the changing room) and him coming back and me having to go because he can't access changing facilities.

It's worse when he is out alone with her and has to do it on a loo seat or somewhere equally gross. I don't understand why it wouldn't be considered to give men the same facilities!

d0ris Fri 17-Mar-17 10:01:38

Just something like this, nothing fancy!
Obviously depends on space though. They fit a full sized changing mat on top which will do for kids upto 2/3 years old.

seven201 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:06:06

Your one looks fine Tim. Just make sure whoever cleans the toilet(s) cleans it properly too. Some have poo in the hinges - grimsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now