Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

U.K. Light Switch Extenders?

(6 Posts)
emilygal Tue 07-Mar-17 21:04:26

I've seen nifty looking products on Amazon that extend light switches so that little ones who can't reach can switch a light on/off themselves.

However these seem like they'd only work for U.S. switches that flip up and down rather than U.K flat switches you push into the wall at top and bottom of the switch to control.

Anyone know of UK alternatives? I'd love for my almost 4yo to be able to operate the bathroom light switch on her own!

These are the US products I'm talking about:
Kidswitch Light Switch Extender- 3 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GHZ2L8/ref=cmswwrcpp_apiP7XVybK07247FF
_
And

EZ Reach Light Switch Extension, Monkey_ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004GGQG2A/ref=cmm_swrr_cpapii_FaYVybP8MTDZS

savagehk Tue 07-Mar-17 21:10:00

I take it the simple solution of a little step to stand on isn't suitable?

emilygal Tue 07-Mar-17 21:17:24

Unfortunately not - the light switch for the bathroom is in the hallway which is very narrow. I did try but it became a hazard.

SavoyCabbage Tue 07-Mar-17 21:25:20

I'd get her to press it with an implement. Like a plastic wand from the dressing up box. Or get a motion sensor light inside the bathroom so she doesn't need the light on. We've got one from Mr Beams on Amazon.

Stilts....
Nerf gun...

savagehk Wed 08-Mar-17 12:19:14

I was thinking a motion sensor too. Would be a bit of a pain, although if you're planning on staying in the house for a while and/or having other kids, might make sense. We have one of those string-dangling-from-ceiling things in the bathroom which our son can reach (he uses his step for other lights, or he can just about make it on tiptoes now)

PollyBanana Wed 08-Mar-17 12:23:29

We have a battery operated sensor light in bathroom.
Brilliant. Means fan doesn't run for ages in middle of night.
Our one can also adjust brightness, I have it set to low so that you don't get your eyeballs seared by bright LED

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now