Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Window restrictors - any good?

(6 Posts)
Chan33 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:51:45

Hi. My baby boy who is actually not a baby anymore but a toddler (Can't believe how fast it goes!) is up and walking. So we're in a completely different stage now and I need to watch him all the time as he is a proper boy, climbing and exploring. I found him trying to open the window the other day. Don't want him to fall/climb out! shock So I found some window restrictors which means I can still open the window a little bit but want to know your opinion about this. Is it worth buying these? And are they any good/secure? Any suggestions?

Michellebelle86 Wed 15-Feb-17 10:20:48

I'm in the same position, well with a girl, but she is also exploring. We've made the house as safe as possible and also placed window restrictors. Have you had a look at Jackloc? They are the original, British made and I think the safest to use. We bought them at John Lewis. We live in a flat with French doors and even though it has a French balcony I feel much safer with that also on the door.

So to answer your question, yes it's definitely worth it. Wouldn't know what to do with myself is she would fall out of a window! They are good and I would go for Jackloc. Good luck with your search!

specialsubject Wed 15-Feb-17 10:22:19

Meantime lock the window and hide the key.

Iggi999 Wed 15-Feb-17 10:24:45

Lock them, but realistically if you need to open them for ventilation get the restrictors.
By the way he is not being a "proper boy" he is just being a child - girls explore and climb stuff too.

Chan33 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:59:13

Thank you Michellebelle86 I will have a look at Jackloc. I would like to open the windows for ventilation as that's also what they're for, and yes I guess so that he isn't a proper boy but just a child. But thank you all. I've made up my mind. Window restrictor it is.

JoyceJackloc Tue 28-Mar-17 10:20:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now