Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Tumble dryers

(5 Posts)
Ladynadia38 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:45:44

I've never had a tumble dryer and I'm looking to buy one however it doesn't seem as simple as I'd first imagined for e.g.;
Energy saving , do I buy one that needs a window for the filter ?
What if I don't have a window to hang the pipe out of ?

I imagined I'd buy a tumble dryer stick it in the back room and that would be it.
Apparently this is not the case!!

Can anyone help me by simplifying the rules dos and don'ts im finding it all so overwhelming also there's the health and safety aspects.
Will I need a professional to fit it?
It all seems harder than I thought
Please help!!
Desperate mummy to 34 week old bump.
Thank you in advance :-)

SavoyCabbage Mon 02-Jan-17 20:53:29

If you get a condenser dryer, it will collect the water inside itself, in a drawer/tray which you empty out every so often. So you don't need to have it vented to the outside.

I don't think you need many choices of programs. The fewer than the better.

SavoyCabbage Mon 02-Jan-17 20:54:44

And you won't need anyone to fit a condenser dryer. You jus tplug it in.

Ladynadia38 Tue 03-Jan-17 10:37:30

Perfect that sounds brilliant!!
Is there a catch?
More expensive? Uses more energy? Has to be in a certain place?
What's the difference between A,b,c, & d performance I'm sure ones more expensive then there's the energy saver?

Thanks your a life saver smile

Spaghettihead1 Fri 06-Jan-17 23:04:46

I've just replaced my old broken condenser after being without for 2 years. Baby on the way so life needs to be easier.
condensers are usually a bit more expensive than vented but are much simpler. No need to to have a hose outlet as they contain the water which you have to empty out after each use as PP has said.
So no need to think about where it's going to go.
I wouldn't have thought that they use any more energy than a vented either.
A rating means it's the best regarding energy use, D the worst.
I use ao.com to research any appliance as they provide all the info you need to know about each individual model. Even the expected yearly running cost. And I usually buy from them in the end as they are the same price as most other places and their delivery service is fantastic.
hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now