Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

What do people use cotton buds for and why do they flush them?

(4 Posts)
25Bythesea Thu 17-Nov-16 11:28:55

At a meeting in a town with a beach yesterday, went for a 5 minute walk during lunch along the beach and saw loads of plastic cotton bud sticks along a very clean beach. Apparently they get flushed down toilets and end up in the sea! What on earth do people use them for that there are so many out there, and why oh why would you flush them down the toilet??

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 17-Nov-16 11:33:51

People use them to clean their ears but I have no idea why they would flush them.

NotCitrus Thu 17-Nov-16 11:43:21

Lots of ear-cleaning here, the odd bit of make-up application, but I always bin not flush. I used to be able to get ones with sticks made of paper but haven't found any in recent years.

They sell them in the baby aisle but despite two babies I never figured out what to do with them with a baby!

25Bythesea Thu 17-Nov-16 12:57:00

We're lucky, our Co-op stocks them. There's a website too which shows where you can get paper cotton buds: www.cottonbudproject.org.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now