Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Adult Microscooters

(3 Posts)
rosalux Sat 01-Oct-16 12:01:20

DS1 (5) and DS2 (2) are both pretty speedy on their bikes and scooters, so I have decided to brave the humiliation and buy myself an adult scooter so I can keep up with them. The question is which one? I am currently thinking either the Micro Flex Scooter www.micro-scooters.co.uk/adult-scooters-flex-classic/micro-flex-scooter-pink. flex or the Micro Scooter www.micro-scooters.co.uk/adult-scooters-micro-range/micro-floral-grey-scooter. floral. Any thoughts?

DibbySound Sat 01-Oct-16 12:07:26

I prefer the second one.
I bought myself one to get to and from work quicker as it's not far enough to warrant driving. I loved it and whizzed along with no care in the world-until the day my front wheel went down a little hole in the pavement. My face took the full impact onto the concrete, I looked awful. I'm sure I broke my cheekbone (stupidly didn't get it checked out at the time) and I grazed the whole side of my face. So if the pavements where you live are fine then great, if they are like mine around here then be careful!

FunnymalsOnPop Fri 21-Oct-16 20:49:23

I scoot everywhere: to school, after school clubs, swimming, zoom around the park - the scooter saves me time, keeps me fit, and it's a great way to spend time with the kids too. I bought a Hudora Air, which I regretted immediately. It was heavy and slow, the rear wheel went flat every week for the first two months, then the inner tube died completely. You can't get spare parts for Hudora scooters in the UK, and the company won't ship anything outside Germany. Nightmare! A scooter I got to ride for two months. Most expensive mistake I've ever made.

I've borrowed a friend's Microscooter Flex Classic, which has been amazing. Light, fast, sturdy. Now I'm torn between getting that one, or the Flex Deluxe. Neither are cheap, but it would be money well spent, considering how frequently the scooter would be used, and how much time I'd save.

Any adult scooter insight out there before I take the plunge?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now